• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What do you value about First Class on long distance services?

What do you value the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
I find DB know how to spec a Velaro, and Eurostar very much don't. The Eurostar interior is in most ways rubbish compared with the DB one.
I find the Eurostar one suffers from the same "clinical" feel as the refurbished Sprinters on Northern. The redeeming feature being of course that they are very smooth and quiet, which can't be said for a DMU from the mid 80s...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I find the Eurostar one suffers from the same "clinical" feel as the refurbished Sprinters on Northern. The redeeming feature being of course that they are very smooth and quiet, which can't be said for a DMU from the mid 80s...

Now you mention it there is more than a passing resemblance to the interior of the Class 331. It is not an accolade for your premium high-speed train to resemble a regional commuter EMU (admittedly a fairly nice one so far as they go, but still).

There are also a number of very poor design choices in it, such as the tables that extend downwards and steal knee-room.

py_megapixel

Established Member
Now you mention it there is more than a passing resemblance to the interior of the Class 331. It is not an accolade for your premium high-speed train to resemble a regional commuter EMU (admittedly a fairly nice one so far as they go, but still).
A 331 crossed with a narrow-body aircraft, maybe...

GatwickDepress

Established Member
I don't have very high requirements for long-distance first class so my seat would preferably be single seat or a table for two that is slightly larger and has power sockets. Class 171 first class would be fine for me on any InterCity journeys, now I think about it...

philjo

Established Member
On longer journeys being able to see out of a whole window in 1st compared to a small section of window next to a pillar in standard class. also if boarding at an intermediate station, the increased likelihood of finding space in 1st in the racks to store a large suitcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.