• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What Football team do u support

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveller1030

TheSlash said:
traveller1030 said:
TheSlash: I'm going to Fratton Park on Boxing Day (got a lift in the end, no sodding trains!), looking forward to taking all the points! :lol:
Prepare to be disappointed then, Perrin got booted out Thursday

If I'm hearing things right you're replacing him with Colin from Sheffield United (NW refused to be drawn on speculation at his post-match press conference, but he sounds very much like Alan Pardew did when he said 'I'm still the Reading Manager'...), I'm even more confident now... :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
Main Team - West Ham

Second Team - Queens Park Rangers

Went to see QPR v Hull today with a mate was a poor first half for Rangers 1 - 0 down then in the second Half Hull got another so we were 2 - 0 down. The Ainsworth scored 2 towards the end of the second half result was a draw 2 - 2!

traveller1030

So where were you sitting last season then jonb? <D

Was at Loftus Road and UP myself... the away defeat was hard to take, but one of the best feelings in the world was last season was when Bircham got put into the hoardings more than once (yesss... ).

At that fixture I was away from where I usually sit, giving it large to the R's from the East Side North....

"What is with the f***ing hat, what is with the f***ing hat..." <D <D <D (To QPR's "Grandad")

Partly the reason I like to wind up QPR so much is I'm still sulking after a bird that supported them turned me down at school... :lol:

The Snap

Established Member
traveller1030 said:
Citeh fans are in the doghouse I hear for booing during the minute's silence for George Best... hope my lot can get a result tomorrow to shut the Reds up bleating on about him.

Last time I went - I should have been at White Hart Lane last week but my Dad 'forgot' to post our application for tickets on time :cry: . So that'll be the West Brom game three weeks ago, then, and off to the Man USA game tomorrow. I have a season ticket.

May I point out gentlemen that I was at the Liverpool game where City fans eledgedly bood. However, this is NOT the case! Liverpool fans were singing and shouting, so a minority of City fans shout back for them to shut up, then after the silence, the whole ground booed the Liverpool fans! :D

Sprinter

Although I do not follow football very closely at all, the team I support is the local Leyton Orient, although I do supportt Tottenham Hotspur too, which are the two local teams, why support a team which are many miles from your home?

The main sport I follow is snooker, I can sit and watch a frame of snooker all afternoon, from 1300 to 1800 on BBC2 during major snooker tournaments!! Come on "Rocket" Ronnie....

However I cannot say the same for a football match (in fact the only time I watch a football match is when England are playing in the cup).

Met Driver

Established Member
Sprinter said:
...why support a team which are many miles from your home?

Now that's something I could never understand. If you live too far away from a club to go and watch them play, can you really claim to support them? *cough* Arsenal fans who live in Gloucs. *cough* ;)

Anyway, it's refreshing to see quite a few of you support smaller/local clubs. It makes a change from sitting in a classroom full of Chelsea fans!

Julian G

Established Member
Example
a 319 on a Watford service when chelsea plays at home
The train gets incredibly packed and smelly

metrocammel

Im basically a Man City fan, due to my dad. Though its a seldom admitted fact, as nearly everyone I know are United fans, however I have a freind, who lives in St. Helen's who supports Arsenal, God knows why?! It's Crazy.

Im currently additcted to "funky pool" however, www.funkypool.com , which takes up most of my free time!!! I need therapy!

Guinness

Established Member
I believe West Ham lost tonight. :mrgreen:

Forgot to mention I also support United. :) ;)

traveller1030

Played off the park I'm afraid Chaz, we were lucky to get one past van der Sar thanks to Harewood being clinical for once. Carroll made several good stops in the first half, only to destroy the good work in the second by rashly coming out for the ball for their winner. Rooney was unstoppable, van Horseface was kept quiet I felt (and I'd almost forgotten what a dirty ****** he can be), NOBODY managed to pick up Scholes all game, and he was your key man. USA's movement off the ball was superb. A deserved win for them I'm afraid.

jonb

Established Member
Watched the game myself (From the comfort of the front room) and have to say we WERE going good upto the second half. Harewoods 55 second goal was fantastic, but in the second half our defence was sloppy and we just were not up to form, unfortuntaely.

AJP

Dunfermline Athletic aka the pars. Beat Celtic on Saturday away!!!!! EEEEEEEZY.

traveller1030

Slash/ChrisM - any gen on the South Coast as to whether Bungpuss (otherwise known as 'Onest 'Arry) is on his way back to Fratton Park (seems Colin knew what side his bread was buttered) - would love it if he goes back... :lol:

ChrisM

Harry will go back the Pompey Pussies and hopefully drag them down to the fizzy cola league. :lol:

TheSlash

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Harry will go back the Pompey Pussies and hopefully drag them down to the fizzy cola league. :lol:
Done alright byu us so far.....
Got us promoted
Got you relegated
Shifted Nigel Quashie to you for £2million profit
I hear he cheers everytime the ball goes over the bar now, following motivational coaching from Sir Clive 8)

traveller1030

And resigned as manager of Southampton AIUI currently.

I think I need to upload my 'Bungpuss' avatar to this forum to let all you South Coasters 'know the roots of the man' ((C) & (P) Richie Havens 198x), once a rotten apple, always a rotten core.

S'all good, in other sack races, imagine if Souness gets sacked from Newcastle. Then Newcastle have the pleausre of a Mr. G Roeder as caretaker manager, so I've heard.... :lol:

In that case, down with the Mackems, you're going down with the Mackems, down with the Mackems (repeat et al)...

Trust me, seen it from experience, what's worse it took a Leyton Orient fan to tell me EXACTLY what would happen (and Ian G, if you're out there, weren't you to hell right!).

traveller1030

Bad form to reply to one's own post usually, but I'm absolutely creasing at the latest on Sky Sports News - Milan Mandaric says 'Harry Redknapp is no longer a candidate for the Portsmouth job'.

What beckons now, one wonders. Is he the natural replacement for John McCririck on Channel 4 Racing? :lol:

Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa...

Status
Not open for further replies.