• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What happened in the West Midlands 16/01?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordac

Established Member
Arriving into New Street from University, check the National Rail app to find all trains towards Coventry and Northampton cancelled. Stayed on the train to Redditch, changed onto the Trent Valley there to Rugby, and caught a train to Northampton from the bay platform at Rugby, where they were starting from. Can't find anything on this forum, nor the other place.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Arriving into New Street from University, check the National Rail app to find all trains towards Coventry and Northampton cancelled. Stayed on the train to Redditch, changed onto the Trent Valley there to Rugby, and caught a train to Northampton from the bay platform at Rugby, where they were starting from. Can't find anything on this forum, nor the other place.

According to WMT tweets there was a incident at Adderley Park that required the emergency services to attend resulting in all lines between Northampton and Birmingham New Street being closed.

Ibex

As above, although there was also a separate fatality at Stourbridge Junction this morning amidst the disruption being caused by track circuit failures at Old Hill so the Snow Hill lines fared no better :'(

tsr

Established Member
Also trespassers at Warwick Parkway earlier.

WCML services are further delayed by another fatality tonight between (Crewe-Acton Bridge area).

I am at Crewe now and there are pendalinos dumped everywhere and platform alternations every minute

HLE

Established Member
Trains did start and terminate at Coventry through the afternoon

Mordac

Established Member
Also trespassers at Warwick Parkway earlier.

WCML services are further delayed by another fatality tonight between (Crewe-Acton Bridge area).
Was this in Hartford? If so, my wife's friend saw it as it happened!

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Was this in Hartford? If so, my wife's friend saw it as it happened!

I believe so. The driver of the train involved reportedly initially thought they had hit an object, possibly something metallic, before they inspected the train and they found traces of blood.

The location of the body was initially unknown, but has been found.

Apologies if this is too much detail- I'm including it, as I believe this is why it's taken a little while to deal with it. (but of course there's no set timing as such)

Mordac

Established Member
I believe so. The driver of the train involved reportedly initially thought they had hit an object, possibly something metallic, before they inspected the train and they found traces of blood.

The location of the body was initially unknown, but has been found.

Apologies if this is too much detail- I'm including it, as I believe this is why it's taken a little while to deal with it. (but of course there's no set timing as such)
Yeah she sent my wife a photo of the aftermath. Judging from that it would have been parts of the body that couldn't be found.... Awful stuff

Dieseldriver

Yeah she sent my wife a photo of the aftermath. Judging from that it would have been parts of the body that couldn't be found.... Awful stuff
Wow, and you consider that a normal, respectful and correct thing to do?

Aictos

Established Member
*Northampton*?!

Why not Rugby or Coventry?

Why not ask West Midland Trains or London North Western that?

West Midlands Railway @WestMidRailway
Due to the emergency services dealing with an incident between #BirminghamNewStreet and #Northampton all lines are blocked. Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised

I hope that explains why I said what I said?

Dieseldriver

I wasn't the one who didn't! She's a pretty hard nosed Manchester lass.
I wonder how hard nosed she'd be if the victim was one of her loved ones and someone was taking shots of their remains to send to their mates for some light entertainment.

holl1984

I'm sorry but have some respect. Someone has lost a life tonight. A family have lost a loved one. A drivers life changed possibly forever.

Mordac

Established Member
I wonder how hard nosed she'd be if the victim was one of her loved ones and someone was taking shots of their remains to send to their mates for some light entertainment.

I'm sorry but have some respect. Someone has lost a life tonight. A family have lost a loved one. A drivers life changed possibly forever.

Why are you having a go at me? I didn't do any of this. And it's quite uncharitable of you to assume the person's attitude was disrespectful, or "for some light entertainment," without knowing how the conversation went. Need I remind you that the person in case had just witnessed someone throwing themselves in front of a train too?

Gostav

But it really happened, l think there no law to ban people take a bloody photo and post on internet.

Ben Glasgow

Why are you having a go at me? I didn't do any of this. And it's quite uncharitable of you to assume the person's attitude was disrespectful, or "for some light entertainment," without knowing how the conversation went. Need I remind you that the person in case had just witnessed someone throwing themselves in front of a train too?
In all fairness to you and to defend you a little bit, she may have sent you it out of shock or without knowing the full context/extent of what had happened. Unprofessional? Perhaps but it could well have been a dog if the driver didn’t see anything, especially considering they thought it was a bit of metal they hit.

itsonlyme

Took far to long to sort out. Some passengers on 9M60 standing at Preston were aware of the problem about 15 mins before it was announced on the train as an incident. Why did they not decide to divert it via Manchester at that point instead of waiting another hour. Why did they forget to tell passengers for Wolves and Birmingham, until man walked through train around Manchester, that after Crewe the train would go direct to Euston stopping at Stafford to let them off. Why were the announcements dead quiet and hardly audible when a man spoke, but deafening when a woman did. Rather a lot of headless Chickens in Virgin Trains uniforms at Preston, but when needed info the birds had flown. Trying make a delay repay claim today but Virgin website will not accept my Stations, (not listed in drop down box as non virgin ones). Complained about this 3 times in past, each time they say they will fix it, obviously just more misinformation to shut the customer up. Writing strong letter to Virgin, and Ombudsman. Why is our railway so usesless?

Deafdoggie

Established Member
Took far to long to sort out. Some passengers on 9M60 standing at Preston were aware of the problem about 15 mins before it was announced on the train as an incident. Why did they not decide to divert it via Manchester at that point instead of waiting another hour. Why did they forget to tell passengers for Wolves and Birmingham, until man walked through train around Manchester, that after Crewe the train would go direct to Euston stopping at Stafford to let them off. Why were the announcements dead quiet and hardly audible when a man spoke, but deafening when a woman did. Rather a lot of headless Chickens in Virgin Trains uniforms at Preston, but when needed info the birds had flown. Trying make a delay repay claim today but Virgin website will not accept my Stations, (not listed in drop down box as non virgin ones). Complained about this 3 times in past, each time they say they will fix it, obviously just more misinformation to shut the customer up. Writing strong letter to Virgin, and Ombudsman. Why is our railway so usesless?

Virgin at Preston are generally useless in any disruption. If there is one place you do not want to be when things go wrong, it is Preston.

Virgin delay repay is very easy and I don't honestly understand why so many struggle with it. You simply select the two drop-down stations you travelled between with Virgin, and tick the connection box, so they know their train was involved, but it still caused onwards delay. You send an image of the ticket anyway, so it really isn't a problem

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
But it really happened, l think there no law to ban people take a bloody photo and post on internet.

There isn’t a law against defecating on the floor in the toilet either, but it still wouldn’t be within the confines of a civilised society.

alex17595

We were doing some work at Weedon and were slightly delayed for the late running train. 9M60 was the last one through, the last 4 trains were sent via Northampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.