• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What happens if you get accepted and have holidays booked...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Hi guys

Totally getting ahead of myself as I've only just passed the paper sift for Northern driver, but just supposing you manage to make it, what happens if you've got holidays booked that could fall during the training period? Would you have to cancel them...?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tlionhart

I would say the holiday would be canceled... unless they have another training course available that would accommodate you going on holiday. Don't worry about it at the moment. Cross that bridge when you get there. :)

Although I work in another industry I remember a time when I got a promotion to do something else. More money, prospects, etc. Only catch was I was unable to go on holiday during the course, which means I got no refunds and lost £700. Plus side is, I made the money back in the long run and don't regret making that decision. Think like this; holiday for 1-2 weeks or job for life?

TDK

Established Member
Hi guys

Totally getting ahead of myself as I've only just passed the paper sift for Northern driver, but just supposing you manage to make it, what happens if you've got holidays booked that could fall during the training period? Would you have to cancel them...?

You will be asked at interview if you have any hoildays booked the best answer would be "yes" but if needs to be cancelled you would be willing to cancel it

Status
Not open for further replies.