• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What if it breaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

There's a bus up here that has been running about with a cracked offside windscreen for several weeks. These cracks are not even taped over. As the window is right next to the entrance/exit doors I consider this to be a potential hazard with serious consequences if it shatters. I have reported it to Arriva and the HSE. The vehicle fleet number is 4530 so if you see it report it. I won't hold me breath for results though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
All the big groups seem to be the same, several buses ran without speedos the other year as "they couldn't find parts for them" - yeah, wonderful excuse for putting peoples lives at risk. Needless to say, they never replied to emails, though the VOSA were informed.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
As long as the crack is under a certain length, doesn't touch the edge of the windscreen in more than one place and isn't inside the area swept by the windscreen wipers, it's legal. Oviously this doesn't mean that bus companies (or the owners of any road vehicles) shouldn't replace or repare them as soon as possible before they do become illigal, but few seem to bother.

H

HR2

ChrisCooper said:
As long as the crack is under a certain length, doesn't touch the edge of the windscreen in more than one place and isn't inside the area swept by the windscreen wipers, it's legal. Oviously this doesn't mean that bus companies (or the owners of any road vehicles) shouldn't replace or repare them as soon as possible before they do become illigal, but few seem to bother.

It's at the top of the windscreen from side to top and with branches. About 30 inches long and within the swept area and touches the side at both ends as do some of the branches. It has been like that for at least two months :angry8:

RJ

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
All the big groups seem to be the same, several buses ran without speedos the other year as "they couldn't find parts for them" - yeah, wonderful excuse for putting peoples lives at risk. Needless to say, they never replied to emails, though the VOSA were informed.

There was a First DM in the Stratford area which had a static speedo :tard:

Status
Not open for further replies.