• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is an "Escalations Executive"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlesden

East Midlands Trains has one because I just received an e-mail from him. Just never heard the term before.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Over the years, in a number of industries, when I had a complaint that was not being handled to my satisfaction, I was usually notified that the matter was being "escalated to a higher level" in order for the matter to proceed.

I wonder if this is a similar situation to which you describe and a title given to some person handling such an onward internal referral.

Harlesden

Thank you, Veteran Member. Very clear answer. I wasn't getting anywhere with EMT customer relations so I found Jake's (big boss) e-mail and fired one off to him.

pemma

Veteran Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Escalations Executive reports to an Escalations Manager.

Doctor Fegg

Established Member
Thank you, Veteran Member. Very clear answer. I wasn't getting anywhere with EMT customer relations so I found Jake's (big boss) e-mail and fired one off to him.

Ah, yes, that explains it. The escalations executive is someone in the customer services department who thinks of a better reply to your letter after the initial one wasn't very good. It comes from the French phrase l'esprit de l'escalier.

(yes I know)

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I think I was an Escalations Executive in my time on the railway. I just called myself a Team leader, though. No such fancy names in those days, Team Leader was considered fancy enough :)

Welly

I found a photo of that chap online. ;)

Attachments

• well-that-escalated-jmg8n6.jpg
    well-that-escalated-jmg8n6.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 88

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Like the NHS and Councils who seem to employ staff to come up with silly titles instead of keeping with those we know.

ian1944

Don't forget the Escalation Standards Commission and the Escalation Regulation Authority. If John Major was still PM we'd have an Escalation hotline.

Agent_c

I speak only for myself, and no company I have been, may be, or might one day be affiliated with.

Escalations executive sounds like it's a member of the "high level complaints" team. Typically to get to so a HLC team you have to have your issue dealt with by a CSR and their manager, as well as any in-call-centre complaints team and clearly not reach an agreed outcome. This tends to be easier in industries with a strong regulator - like finance - which tells companies how quick they have to deal with complaints, and charges the company a lot just to open a letter from you (justified complaint or not)

The short cut is to complain to the CEO or some board level executive. That goes straight to HLC in most cases.

rdeez

I once had issues with Amazon's customer service in that something that was being repeatedly promised to me by multiple Customer Service Reps was not happening.

I decided to take a punt at the very top and emailed Jeff Bezos, the CEO. Shortly afterwards I got an email from a 'Customer Relations Executive (Escalations)' whom Mr.Bezos had apparently asked to respond to me on his behalf :lol:

merry

Are they not normally employed on London Underground? ...............

:o

On LUL it would be a CVTS: Continuous Vertical Transportation Supervisor.
(Like the big lifts are PMVT: Primary Means of Vertical Transportation ). And their boss has to be the VTM...vertical transportation manager?

And on the Eiffel Tower has it to be CDA (chef des ascenseurs), or elsewhere CER (chef des escaliers roulante)?

Ok, I'll get my coat...

krus_aragon

Established Member
On LUL it would be a CVTS: Continuous Vertical Transportation Supervisor.
(Like the big lifts are PMVT: Primary Means of Vertical Transportation ). And their boss has to be the VTM...vertical transportation manager?

And the Cambrian would have an Escalating Roadway Transporter Machine Supervisor, if only any stations there had a escalator...

63a

What is an "Escalations Executive"?

A department employing a person who always reaches 20,000 feet when something goes wrong?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I can see an imminent role for an Escalations Development Officer, to co-ordinate and facilitate all the Escalations Executives. Salary £45K plus bonus, company car, privileged rail fares and subsidised housing. In fact, I think I'll apply for it right now!

P.S. I once had a job with a remarkably similar title and role, so I didn't have to think too far out of the box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.