• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

what is going on with our rail network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan barton

For the first time for a long time I went to Warrington Bank Quay station to-day, where I was informed that there were no trains running over the weekend and hadn't been for quite some time and would not be for the forseeable future and that passengers were being bussed to and from the station. am I correct in thinking that the whole of the London to Glasgow trains are not running during that period, if so what a sad state our railways have become!.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
Well all virgin services are running to harrow and wealdstone instead of euston aswell as silverlink

Coxster

Established Member
Well all virgin services are running to harrow and wealdstone instead of euston aswell as silverlink
Therefore not affecting Warrington...

What is affecting Warrington is engineering works. Trains are diverting from Crewe via Wilmslow and Manchester Piccadilly to Preston. Journey times are being extended by forty five minutes and a rail replacement coach service is in operation between Crewe, Warrington Bank Quay and Wigan North Western.

Status
Not open for further replies.