• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What Is Happening To Telford International Railfreight Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainFanSam

Deeemed as an inspirational addition to Telfords industries. The International Railfreight Park has recently been classed as "underused" and the siding are just used for storing EMU's.

What do you think has caused such problems for such a promising site and what do you reckon will fate have in store for it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Informer

Deeemed as an inspirational addition to Telfords industries. The International Railfreight Park has recently been classed as "underused" and the siding are just used for storing EMU's.

What do you think has caused such problems for such a promising site and what do you reckon will fate have in store for it?

A recession!

the sniper

Established Member
What was supposed to be handled there in the first place, apart from MOD traffic? I wouldn't have thought there was much to export from that area, not enough for trainload or intermodal services anyway. :|

The Planner

Veteran Member
Stories I heard were that the owners wanted too much cash for companies to use it so people obviously went elsewhere. It doesn't help that the entrance/exit faces Shrewsbury either really.

The Crab

Last week when I went past there was only some wagons associated with track work. I go past regularly and have never seen anything other than stored stuff. I can't think of any local industry which is likely to use it but I suppose that it is possible that the distribution companies could use it for trunked services.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Same has happened to sheffield international rail terminal which as far as i know.... has never been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.