• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is the difference/are the differences . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

midlandred

. . . between a "Semi Flexible Return" and a "Fully Flexible Return"

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Where did you see these two terms?

They don't officially exist.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
. . . between a "Semi Flexible Return" and a "Fully Flexible Return"

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before

Thanks
I assume the former means an Off Peak Return with time restrictions and the latter is an Anytime Return, but without knowing the context it's difficult to say.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Oh dearie me. I mean, I can understand where they are coming from, but a (Super) Off-Peak Return is fully flexible - it's not as if you have to have a reservation on the train you travel on, e.g. as a Business Class semi-flexible fare on Eurostar might work.

They really ought just to say "Cheapest Anytime Fare" and "Cheapest Off-Peak Fare". I think that's all they're doing, and that would be much clearer (even if the distinction between what each fare is valid for is sometimes less clear).

midlandred

Thanks for that - I'd not come across those before and thought I'd better check elsewhere than Chiltern for a clear definition
Cheers all

Veteran Member
What is particularly concerning is that the ticket described as " Cheapest Fully Flexible Return" is actually an Anytime Day Return - not fully flexible in my book, nor in ATOC's (as Yorkie observes).
This only becomes apparent at checkout (the info link is no help), and there in no option (that I can see) to change the ticket type, only to start over. Thus wasting the customer's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.