• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is the longest passenger train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Our 0930 ex-Grimsby Town (I think it was that one anyway!) went to some odd destinations in recent years. I can particularly remember Chester (via Shrewsbury) and Aberystwyth as two. These were certainly well into Central Trains days too - even up until just a year or three ago, when this (and most other Grimsby trains) were cut back to terminate at Newark Northgate. The last down train came from Cardiff Central in some timetables too, though I think that terminated at Market Rasen - another oddity!

Indeed we've had some odd diagrams on the 0930! I was looking at some old video from Barnetby the other day, which reminded me that it used to be a 3 car 170 to Birmingham! Now all we get is a 153 :(

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Longest Passenger train is probaly the Down Sleeper to Edinburugh with about 16 coahes or what ever it has on it!! Sorry it had to be cracked!

Status
Not open for further replies.