• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is this green thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaleCooper

Established Member
Does anyone know what this is? I spotted it at the junction of two very minor country roads about 300 metres from the nearest building. There were no obvious signs to indicate there was a pipeline below such as you often find with gas pipelines. I presume it contains some monitoring equipment but that's as much as I can guess.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 130
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darren R

Established Member
Could it be the top of one of those boreholes used for measuring the depth of the water table?

Clip

Established Member
Of course but what variety?

Patchy variety. Can be found on most common/council land. Sometimes you get the carrier bag/dog turd variety too but you wouldn't want that in your garden

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
If it's a landfill site it might be to do with releasing methane build ups from underground.

( Please don't try to test that theory with a match! )

DaleCooper

Established Member
If it's a landfill site it might be to do with releasing methane build ups from underground.

I don't think so, it's a small area of grass and trees (just a roadside verge really) surrounded by long established farmland.

( Please don't try to test that theory with a match! )

Would it be best to use a cigarette lighter instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.