• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is this part called and can I buy them separately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

urpert

Essendine or between Étaples and Rang-du-Fliers
I've bought some old Hornby catenary supports on ebay and they have the square flat base which I think fits into this sort of plastic mount:

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 16.53.43.png
I think that would be the easiest/neatest way to attach them, but much Googling hasn't led me to a source of the plastic mounts by themselves. Can anyone help?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
After looking around online to remind myself what that white thing was (it's a "loading gauge"), I've just looked on eBay for those bases and these might be what you're after? Obviously these are the loading gauges themselves so you'd have to remove the white bits and fit the catenary masts, and there aren't very many of them:

HORNBY LOADING GAUGE WITH BASE CLIP X 4​

1629993805325.png

There's also these, which might be closer to what you want considering you've got some "old" catenary supports:

20 x TRIANG HORNBY MODEL RAILWAYS OO GAUGE PLASTIC CATENARY MAST BASES​

1629993832109.png

There's another auction for another 22 of the above too, but they seem to have a different end which goes into the track:

22 x TRIANG MODEL RAILWAYS OO GAUGE CATENARY MAST BASES INCLUDING 2 POWER BASES​

1629993880900.png

Hope this helps! :)

-Peter

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
That looks like the sort of component that you might be able to have 3d-printed to order, or if you've a mate who has a 3d printer. Might not be the cheapest way to get them though.

urpert

Essendine or between Étaples and Rang-du-Fliers
After looking around online to remind myself what that white thing was (it's a "loading gauge"), I've just looked on eBay for those bases and these might be what you're after? Obviously these are the loading gauges themselves so you'd have to remove the white bits and fit the catenary masts, and there aren't very many of them:

There's also these, which might be closer to what you want considering you've got some "old" catenary supports:

There's another auction for another 22 of the above too, but they seem to have a different end which goes into the track:

Hope this helps! :)

-Peter
That’s amazing, thanks for finding those for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.