• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is this ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Saw a lady today show a green ticket with a blur border top today. I am curious as to what is might be?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I have a ticket on baby blue stock. Its a season with validity longer than 1 month but less than a year

Hassocks5489

Whereabouts in the country was it?

Was the main "body" of the ticket a similar whitish-green to the standard security background of normal ticket stock, or was it distinctly darker and/or more solid?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I like the price! If only all tickets said "Price as published" as it would stop a small minority (and it is a VERY small minority, but they cause no end of problems) of railway staff falsely claiming that "the fare is too cheap" is a reason for rejecting a ticket that they don't like!;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Whereabouts in the country was it?
My guess is in the 1st class compartment of a train between East Croydon and London Terminals ;)

GodAtum

On Moderation
i was actually on a SWT towards Portsmouth.

Even standing by the gateline i see so many different tickets and passes. I saw a guy show some white photo ID, must have been a staff pass?

johnnycache

sounds like a status pass
these are the passes that BR senior managers had
i think either silver or gold

Status
Not open for further replies.