• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is your favorite Desiro?

What is your favorite "silly" Desiro?

• 185 (First Trans Pennine Express)

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • 350 (Central Trains/Silverlink County)

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 360 ('one' Great Eastern)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 360 (Heathrow Conect)

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 444 (South West Trains)

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • 450 (South West Trains)

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascot

Established Member
You all know you love em really ;) but what one would you travel on if your life depended on it and why?

Mine would be the 350, 2x2 seats, table at every seat, plug sockets, get's me to school in one peice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
SWT 444. After being in First Class Portsmouth - Waterloo..... well, I think you'd be saying the same ;)

Coxster

Established Member
444 for me. I was half expecting to see people saying "Heathrow 360s - shortest route!" ;)

T

Tom

I like it how Dennis has forced Jim to vote 450, or the other way around. :)

Coxster

Established Member
444s are mint in first class!
What are the first class seats like - as hard as the standard class ones? I like the Desiro drivers seats - very comfy was I on some back cabrides from Basingstoke to London and back when travelling to different places on w/e :D

Established Member
What are the first class seats like - as hard as the standard class ones? I like the Desiro drivers seats - very comfy was I on some back cabrides from Basingstoke to London and back when travelling to different places on w/e :D

Very nice seats, i was in first class the other day and the guard came through an i knew im he sepent most of the journey chatting, i did the doors at winchester and soton airport and central!!!

Also wheres the None of above option, i dislike all of them!!

paul1609

Established Member
Yep have to agree.
I prefer Southerns 377s loads more tables, 2 + 2 seating available in every train. Decent leg room In Priority seats, Selective Door opening.
I dont need a buffet or 1st class for a journey of 2 hours.

The first class seats are hard but comfy and big. And you might want to reword that last post Coxster, making it clear you were in the rear cab... ;)

Harold

444 for me :), Probably cos i'm used to them, but also due to the fact, I like how they sound, don't ask me why, just do. Although I do also like the 377 as, in some ways they are more reliable than Desiros and I believe they used much less power supply than the Desiros. Funny, i'm hopeless at creating a desiro for BVE! lol

Jordy

Established Member
185 for me, nice seats, bright interior, oh, and they got rid of those damn 158s!! Suppose with them being my local train, i'm biased!

Jordy

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
350s :) Excellent units although the ones I go on dont have plug sockets, maybe its a first class thing

David

Established Member
You should hear them climbing up to Scunny from the Doncaster direction. I can from over a mile away....

Coxster

Established Member
The first class seats are hard but comfy and big. And you might want to reword that last post Coxster, making it clear you were in the rear cab... ;)
I did say back cab rides! I wasn't at one point when in the comfy seats though.....

.....albeit the driver's simulator ;)

Established Member
350s arn't bad units, but they have don't have enough seats for some of the services they are used on. Could be said for most things though i suppose...

They certainly let you know where the neutral sections are aswell! Oh and the noise is a little silly

devon_metro

Established Member
Why trains have 3+2 i don't understand! It's like on the 747-400, if you need to get up you then have 2 other people to get past. " is far more suitable IMO. Obviously it crams more people in but then if it's 2+2 the general comfort is better. Just add an extra coach!

frasier

I like 444s, as I am used to them, most probably, having used them a lot.

class 313

Established Member
Im not sure about that. Bins you get more leg room and better seats. Plus its more noisy (The silence of electrostars and desiros make my head hurt).

Status
Not open for further replies.