• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What Local Law Would You Enact ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Wheeled suitcases must be pulled in such a fashion that the bulk of the case is positioned between the pullers' legs, in order that the only person they're likely to trip up is themselves. This policy has the added bonus of making owners of such cases look appropriately ridiculous.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dentonian

Established Member
You mean on the council owned road that you have literally no claim over?
Except that (allegedly) you are responsible
Wheeled suitcases must be pulled in such a fashion that the bulk of the case is positioned between the pullers' legs, in order that the only person they're likely to trip up is themselves. This policy has the added bonus of making owners of such cases look appropriately ridiculous.

In a similar vein, backpacks should be totally banned in areas where the human population is more than 1 person per square kilometer.

A Challenge

Established Member
Any advertising narrative whether it be broadcast on radio or television will be made using a British person speaking British English.
Any English spoken in the UK or written on a .uk website will be British English as well please.

Dentonian

Established Member
England as spoken in England, in opposition to 'Americanised' English.

Ah! That's a relief - I thought you might mean a ban on accents from north of Oxford or west of Swindon.

Yet another Americanism I've noticed creeping into everyday speak is "will likely".... rather than "it is likely that".

fowler9

Established Member
Except that (allegedly) you are responsible

In a similar vein, backpacks should be totally banned in areas where the human population is more than 1 person per square kilometer.
To be fair backpacks are normally in the line of sight and people with backpacks generally don't just stop moving at the bottom of escalators to extend a handle or trail something the size of a laptop a metre or so behind them at ground level.

Dentonian

Established Member
To be fair backpacks are normally in the line of sight and people with backpacks generally don't just stop moving at the bottom of escalators to extend a handle or trail something the size of a laptop a metre or so behind them at ground level.

But they do swing them round abruptly in a crowded space.

fowler9

Established Member
But they do swing them round abruptly in a crowded space.
No, you just can't see them in the first place when you trip over them. If I see someone with a big backpack I stay away. You don't see the sh*tty roller case sticking out a metre behind someone.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Ah! That's a relief - I thought you might mean a ban on accents from north of Oxford or west of Swindon.

Yet another Americanism I've noticed creeping into everyday speak is "will likely".... rather than "it is likely that".
I don't like the use of "So", which is being used in the wrong context quite a lot, I also don't like "Train Station" either.

Ogmore7035

I think that shops that have a notice saying "In order to improve our service to customers, this shop will not open until 0930 on Tuesday" should be made to open at 0730 fr the rest of the week.

Ogmore7035

Also I think that buses that carry a message on their destination board that says "I'm Sorry I am not in service" should be taken to a bus garage and whipped until they truly apologise.

bishdunster

All shops should have at least the same number of staffed tills as self service tills. Any shop only having self service tills should be closed down until staffed tills are re-introduced !

Status
Not open for further replies.