• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What made you smile today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowler9

Established Member
You been on the curried baked beans again..? :lol:
I think it was an out of date ham salad roll on the way to work. Ha ha. To be honest what really made me laugh were a few really nice customers with a sense of humour despite being in difficult situations. I think a bit of sunshine helps. Plus I was really able to sort out a few customers. By that I mean help, not in the Mafia "Take care of" sense of it. Ha ha.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BluePenguin

On Moderation
What made me smile this morning was walking into the kitchen to find that it was not an absolute tip for once. I opened the fridge to get my bacon out and found that none of my food had been stolen either.

I'm hoping that this miracle will not be short lived and I'll have something to smile about for a while longer :D

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
As camp and as predictable for the UK at least, watching the Eurovision last night and seeing The Netherlands win last night was quite a happy moment.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
As camp and as predictable for the UK at least, watching the Eurovision last night and seeing The Netherlands win last night was quite a happy moment.

It was for me, I had The Netherlands in a sweepstake !

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Seeing this painted on the side of a shop:

"Money can't buy happiness.

But...it can buy cows.

And cows produce milk...

And milk makes ice cream...

And ice cream brings happiness!"

hexagon789

Veteran Member
1987 - 1991 era (my teenage years)
I’ll pm you about it if you want? Rather than bore everyone on this thread. :lol:

Thanks, funnily enough that's roughly my favourite era despite sonewhat predating me!

What made me smile this morning was walking into the kitchen to find that it was not an absolute tip for once. I opened the fridge to get my bacon out and found that none of my food had been stolen either.

I'm hoping that this miracle will not be short lived and I'll have something to smile about for a while longer :D

Oh dear, it must be bad if that's a good day! ;):lol: Thankfully no one dares pinch my bacon :lol:

cb a1

Cycling down to the station this morning. All but one of the traffic lights on route were green :)

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I walked into Morrisons with my headphones on and playing a song but removed my headphones as I entered, mid way through the song. I then found that exactly the same song was playing over the speakers in Morrisons :lol:

Oddly enough this morning I was walking out of Morrisons just as they started to play one of my favourite songs over the speakers - if it were not for the fact I had a bus to catch I would have stayed and listened to it. :lol:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The peacocks that live where I’m working that start squawking incredibly loudly every time I clang my ladder on something.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Teaching my Son to use a drill. We put up his Guitar hangers. His mate was also there and had a go too. Bit of a two for one parent moment.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Seeing Theresa May's resignation speech earlier and noticing how the robotic and silent way she left no.10, approached the lectern, gave her speech then went back inside made me think of a really elaborate cuckoo clock.

fowler9

Established Member
I just saw thousands of baby garden spiders clustered together on the handle of our recycling bin. That was pretty cool.

fowler9

Established Member
Also a barmaid I chatted to in Chester. I asked where her accent was from and it turned out she was born in Melbourne and grew up in South Africa. Boyfriend was from Liverpool. I love accents, it was a really good chat.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Front coach with the all windows open behind a pair of 37s, drinking a beer whilst storming along the sea wall...
A44FF9F1-4CA4-48CD-AE4B-4BC076639B55.png

Not even a fresh load of toilet effluent coming through the window would’ve knocked the grin off my face. :D

Attachments

• 36F3459E-7E0A-4491-950E-5D9B1D3A269E.png
    36F3459E-7E0A-4491-950E-5D9B1D3A269E.png
    844.5 KB · Views: 5

ComUtoR

Established Member
https://assets.publishing.service.g...nt_data/file/615660/R092017_170525_Balham.pdf

At about 17:24 hrs on Sunday 7 August 2016 a passenger, travelling on a Gatwick Express service from Gatwick Airport to London Victoria, suffered fatal injuries as a result of having his head out of a window and striking it on a signal gantry near Balham in south London. The train was travelling at about 61 mph (98 km/h) at the time of the accident.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-out-window-despite-warning-sticker-report-uk

A woman sustained fatal head injuries while leaning out of a train window below a warning sticker, an accident report has found.

Bethan Roper, 28, died near Twerton in Bath on 1 December. Her head was out the window of a door when it was struck by a tree branch while the Great Western Railway train was travelling at 85mph.

A preliminary report by the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) found a yellow “caution” label above the door said: “Do not lean out of window when train is moving.”

Please don't lean out of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.