• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What made you smile today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dgl

Established Member
Watching the video I took of my 19mo old nephew dancing to some Morris dancers at the Swanage folk festival recently, he certinaly had all eyes on him. Also remembering my sister claiming that "he would not be interested in trains" when we all went on the Swanage railway, until we got on the platform at Norden and before the train was in (just some wagons and a tender on the other line) he started going "Choo, Choo! Choo, Choo!" :D

175mph

On Moderation
Last edited:

fowler9

Established Member
Watching the video I took of my 19mo old nephew dancing to some Morris dancers at the Swanage folk festival recently, he certinaly had all eyes on him. Also remembering my sister claiming that "he would not be interested in trains" when we all went on the Swanage railway, until we got on the platform at Norden and before the train was in (just some wagons and a tender on the other line) he started going "Choo, Choo! Choo, Choo!" :D
Ha ha. Result.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just bumped into a friend in the pub that used to play bass in the band I roadied for back in the day. I hadn’t seen him for a few years and it was great to catch up.
When he went to the loo we ironically did the internationally recognised heavy metal sign to each other just like we did in the old days.

dgl

Established Member
Ha ha. Result.
The large set of the original my first Thomas I got him for his 1st birthday (2nd hand as you can't get Oliver in the newer one) earlier this year might have helped :D

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Unexpectedly getting an IC225 between Wakefield and London. It could be my last one !

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Seeing that the young lady sat next to me was reading "The Wide Sargasso Sea" by Jean Rees. A text that I remember studying well over twenty years ago for A level, on the way to a University open day in Loughborough. My first trip on the IC125 !

EM2

Established Member
Migrating Russian eagles run up huge data roaming charges.

Russian scientists tracking migrating eagles ran out of money after some of the birds flew to Iran and Pakistan and their SMS transmitters drew huge data roaming charges.

After learning of the team's dilemma, Russian mobile phone operator Megafon offered to cancel the debt and put the project on a special, cheaper tariff.

The team had started crowdfunding on social media to pay off the bills.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I got a PB at my local parkrun this morning. First one I’ve had since the start of May.
Well go on then, what was it?
Mrs C has been doing park runs over the last year (she bottled it this morning because it was blowing a gale).

scotrail158713

Established Member
Well go on then, what was it?
Mrs C has been doing park runs over the last year (she bottled it this morning because it was blowing a gale).
24:45
It was a beautiful morning for it - in East Lothian anyway. Looked mingin’ down south though.

HOOVER29

The chavs down the road have a boxer dog. Mean looking thing it is. However the cat showed it who was the real boss.
The dog jumped a mile lol

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
24:45
It was a beautiful morning for it - in East Lothian anyway. Looked mingin’ down south though.
That’s excellent, well done. Especially as you hadn’t run for a while.
I know her time is probably nowhere near yours (it’s definitely over 30), but I can see how much good it’s doing her and she’s really enjoying doing it.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Getting off the rattly old double decker that Stagey saw fit to put on the X5 today. I'm sure it was done with good intentions due to a broken down coach, and it was turned at Bedford to get it back to Cambridge and get the coach swapped back in once fixed, but my ears were rattling and I felt sick, so stepping off into fresh (if damp) air was VERY pleasant.

HOOVER29

Finishing work at 04:30 today knowing I’m not back for 3 shifts & there’s a roast chicken Sunday dinner waiting for for me to be washed down with 4 or 5 bottles of nice cool lager.
Oh and the stupid cat setting off the parking sensors of my car on the road this morning. I’d parked up & suddenly there was a beep beep beep from the side of the car. I got out & the cat was sat by the front wheel with his stupid welcome face.
17 yrs old & still a crazy cat!!

fowler9

Established Member
On my way home from work today in a bus stop by the Garston Cenotaph (By Liverpool South Parkway) I saw two girls in dressing gowns sharing a spliff and thought "that reminds me of my childhood". It really didn't, ha ha.

HOOVER29

Cocky little kid trying out stunts on his push scooter. Tried a jump & spin move & face planted.
Right into the biggest puddle for miles around.
His face when he got up was a picture.
Soaked to the skin.

made me laugh anyway

alxndr

Established Member
Checked up on a friend after an operation and he's doing alright.

Calling to cancel my current internet turned out to be incredibly easy. No grief or pressure to stay. Almost made me want to stick with them, but when I can increase the speed tenfold for less than I'm paying now that would just be silly.

fowler9

Established Member
A bit of Schadenfreude. A guy in I know dumped his girlfriend because he had taken a shine to someone else only to find the someone else had just started dating someone else. The guy in question has messed around women before.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Talking about funerals with a good friend.
Not the usual subject to make you smile I know, but I’ve been to a fair few, and some of them have had some surprisingly humorous moments...

johntea

Established Member
Just been on a Northern train and the conductor gave a shout out over the tannoy to the primary school group on board :D

Status
Not open for further replies.