• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What might the Government do about Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AdamWW

Established Member
I haven't sampled the procedure 'in the flesh' but my description was how I read my local pub was going to operate from it's facebook post - enter on a common sheet, then kept securely for however many days, then destroyed. Individual slips, placed immediately into a 'box of the day' I would find entirely reasonable. It's not the publican that concerns me, it's some of the other punters. I would think privacy / security of the data would be particularly important for any female customers.

Absolutely. I think that is a very valid concern. As would be concern about someone walking off with the sheet. So they should probably go in a box that is quite heavy or chained down...

It's very easy to sit here and say what should have been done - much harder to think of every detail and get it right when you're actually having to do it.

But I would have thought it not too late for some guidance to be issued - I presume there is some kind of industry body that might itself issue guidance, in addition to the government.

Although I suspect the bit-of-paper-anyone-can-read may not be entirely GDPR compliant.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
I would regard an A4 sheet of paper, signed and left on the bar for the next person, who is then able to read my name and phone number something of a data privacy issue.

Anywhere doing it that way is doing it wrong.

Even Spoons (for all of their issues) can get this right - a ballot box style system, or for those of us able to, a QR code that you scan at the table. It is bloody easy.
Even the small independent pubs I go to are doing this now, there is no reason a pub or bar can't do it properly

Worth saying that one of the people I follow on Twitter reported this exact issue with a place she went to the other day, and has since had a quiet word with the owner and she said he seemed at least receptive to the idea of doing something a little less at risk!

AdamWW

Established Member
Worth saying that one of the people I follow on Twitter reported this exact issue with a place she went to the other day, and has since had a quiet word with the owner and she said he seemed at least receptive to the idea of doing something a little less at risk!

Yes I can quite imagine some places just not having thought it through - and they must have a huge amount to deal with in order to make their establishment "Covid-secure".

Which is why it would have been nice for there to have been some guidance on this so everybody didn't have to work it out for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.