• Dear Guest, and welcome to RailUK Forums. Our non-railway discussion forums are currently restricted until members have five or more posts, and you will not be able to make a new thread or reply to an existing one in this section until you have made five or more posts elsewhere on the forum.

what moblie phone do you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
I dunno what it is, it makes and receives phone calls and SMS messages. No point in wasting money on camera / video / 802.11x functions. It's about 3 years old which is probarbly old for a mobile phone, but why buy a new one when the current one is perfectly adequete?

Andy

i do see what you mean, but i have a camera on my phone if i ever out and i see anything like a 37, 47, 60, i can at least get a picture of it.

ChrisM

Nokia 6630 and Nokia 6230i with an upgrade to a Nokia N70 soon.
I normally get through about 5-6 mobiles a year.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've a Sony Ericsson W800i

jonb

Established Member
Nokia 6230i - Not impressed with the battery life, took it off charge Saturday at 0600 by 1630 it was down to one bar and i'd only made a couple of short length calls!

RJ

Established Member
I've had my Nokia 6230 since June last year. I make full use of the features-except the "camera". Battery life is steadily declining. It's almost time for an upgrade!

The Snap

Established Member
I did have a Nokia 6100, but, I got my Dad's old one after he got the new Samsung D500 last weekend.
I now have the Nokia 2650 -

It is more stylish than the 6100, but has the same stuff on (which is basically nothing compared to today's phones such as the D600). :p

Jonno2055

I have an alcatel something so many gadgets on these phones, who knows they may even make phone calls!

Tom B

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Nokia 6630 and Nokia 6230i with an upgrade to a Nokia N70 soon.
I normally get through about 5-6 mobiles a year.

How can you get through a mobile phone in 2 months?!?!

Jonno2055

You must be full of money. I don't know how you can go through that amount of phones, you dont drop it?

ChrisM

Cockfosters said:
How can you get through a mobile phone in 2 months?!?!
Bit of a mobile geek and always updating them.
Old ones are unlocked,reset and then Ebayed.

Andy

ChrisM said:
Bit of a mobile geek and always updating them.
Old ones are unlocked,reset and then Ebayed.

That is what i do as soon as one of the new k series from sony come out i update it.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I've got a nokia 6230, brilliant phone, bought it in august last year, its done the job for me, It looks a bit aged now I suppose but its full of features, I use everything on there but the internet tbh, got my tunes and radio on there, bluetooth and infa red, camera is reasonably good for a phone if you ask me but I haven't really compared, I did want to get the new nokia 6111 I think it was but decided not to bother - saving for my car lol.

Sprog

Established Member
Motorola V547:

http://e-katalog.com.ua/jpg_zoom1/40125.jpg

Aint been a bad phone, but its time for me to aquire a new one soon :D

Looking at either a Sony Ericson W800i (Walkman Phone) or a K750i.

Depends on budget etc.

I know both are smashing phones!
--- edited ---
W800i:

K750i

T

Tom

My mobile phone is a Siemens SF65 (although I really should get a new one soon, can't stand this one).

Andy

spm_43030 said:
Motorola V547:

http://e-katalog.com.ua/jpg_zoom1/40125.jpg

Aint been a bad phone, but its time for me to aquire a new one soon :D

Looking at either a Sony Ericson W800i (Walkman Phone) or a K750i.

Depends on budget etc.

I know both are smashing phones!
--- edited ---
W800i:

K750i

well i have the k750i and it is a great phone but i would get the k800i that is coming out soon. But out of the two the k750i is the better

Sprinter

I have a Siemens A55, which is a very good basic phone (i.e no camera or other accessories which I wouldn't use*). All I want a phone for is to make/recieve calls and texts, that's it!

*It is WAP ready but I have never activated it and have no intentions to as it would cost me more and make a big drain on the battery.

Coxster

Established Member
I have no need for all this latest gadgetry so I just have a colour-screen Nokia 3100.

TheSlash

Established Member
I've got a 6230i, just got a free upgrade from a 6230. My phones tend to last around a year, depends on their tolerance of being dropped, getting wet {working in the rain} and general wear and tear.

Gareth Hale

Sprinter said:
I have a Siemens A55, which is a very good basic phone (i.e no camera or other accessories which I wouldn't use*). All I want a phone for is to make/recieve calls and texts, that's it!

*It is WAP ready but I have never activated it and have no intentions to as it would cost me more and make a big drain on the battery.

Same here, thats why I chose the Nokia1100, I dont need any fancy ring tune, I dont need any fancy pictures, I dont need a camera on it, I dont need songs on it. All I need is a phone to call if I miss my bus or something.

Nitro

I got a Nokia 6230 (not i) and its quite a good phone actually. Camera is also good ,for a phone, but video is as good. I too dont want the latest tune and wallpaper, using the ones that came with the phone so I only got it because I really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.