• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

what moblie phone do you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
I dunno what it is, it makes and receives phone calls and SMS messages. No point in wasting money on camera / video / 802.11x functions. It's about 3 years old which is probarbly old for a mobile phone, but why buy a new one when the current one is perfectly adequete?

Andy

i do see what you mean, but i have a camera on my phone if i ever out and i see anything like a 37, 47, 60, i can at least get a picture of it.

ChrisM

Nokia 6630 and Nokia 6230i with an upgrade to a Nokia N70 soon.
I normally get through about 5-6 mobiles a year.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've a Sony Ericsson W800i
w800i-1.jpg

jonb

Established Member
Nokia 6230i - Not impressed with the battery life, took it off charge Saturday at 0600 by 1630 it was down to one bar and i'd only made a couple of short length calls!

RJ

Established Member
I've had my Nokia 6230 since June last year. I make full use of the features-except the "camera". Battery life is steadily declining. It's almost time for an upgrade!

The Snap

Established Member
I did have a Nokia 6100, but, I got my Dad's old one after he got the new Samsung D500 last weekend.
I now have the Nokia 2650 -
34080.jpg

It is more stylish than the 6100, but has the same stuff on (which is basically nothing compared to today's phones such as the D600). :p

Jonno2055

I have an alcatel something so many gadgets on these phones, who knows they may even make phone calls!

Tom B

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Nokia 6630 and Nokia 6230i with an upgrade to a Nokia N70 soon.
I normally get through about 5-6 mobiles a year.

How can you get through a mobile phone in 2 months?!?!

Jonno2055

You must be full of money. I don't know how you can go through that amount of phones, you dont drop it?

ChrisM

Cockfosters said:
How can you get through a mobile phone in 2 months?!?!
Bit of a mobile geek and always updating them.
Old ones are unlocked,reset and then Ebayed.

Andy

ChrisM said:
Bit of a mobile geek and always updating them.
Old ones are unlocked,reset and then Ebayed.

That is what i do as soon as one of the new k series from sony come out i update it.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I've got a nokia 6230, brilliant phone, bought it in august last year, its done the job for me, It looks a bit aged now I suppose but its full of features, I use everything on there but the internet tbh, got my tunes and radio on there, bluetooth and infa red, camera is reasonably good for a phone if you ask me but I haven't really compared, I did want to get the new nokia 6111 I think it was but decided not to bother - saving for my car lol.

Sprog

Established Member
Motorola V547:

http://e-katalog.com.ua/jpg_zoom1/40125.jpg

Aint been a bad phone, but its time for me to aquire a new one soon :D

Looking at either a Sony Ericson W800i (Walkman Phone) or a K750i.

Depends on budget etc.

I know both are smashing phones!
--- edited ---
W800i:

w800i.jpg

K750i

k750i-med.gif

T

Tom

My mobile phone is a Siemens SF65 (although I really should get a new one soon, can't stand this one).

sf65-simfree-quad.jpg

Andy

spm_43030 said:
Motorola V547:

http://e-katalog.com.ua/jpg_zoom1/40125.jpg

Aint been a bad phone, but its time for me to aquire a new one soon :D

Looking at either a Sony Ericson W800i (Walkman Phone) or a K750i.

Depends on budget etc.

I know both are smashing phones!
--- edited ---
W800i:

w800i.jpg

K750i

k750i-med.gif

well i have the k750i and it is a great phone but i would get the k800i that is coming out soon. But out of the two the k750i is the better

Sprinter

I have a Siemens A55, which is a very good basic phone (i.e no camera or other accessories which I wouldn't use*). All I want a phone for is to make/recieve calls and texts, that's it!

*It is WAP ready but I have never activated it and have no intentions to as it would cost me more and make a big drain on the battery.

Coxster

Established Member
I have no need for all this latest gadgetry so I just have a colour-screen Nokia 3100.

30859.jpg

TheSlash

Established Member
I've got a 6230i, just got a free upgrade from a 6230. My phones tend to last around a year, depends on their tolerance of being dropped, getting wet {working in the rain} and general wear and tear.

Gareth Hale

Sprinter said:
I have a Siemens A55, which is a very good basic phone (i.e no camera or other accessories which I wouldn't use*). All I want a phone for is to make/recieve calls and texts, that's it!

*It is WAP ready but I have never activated it and have no intentions to as it would cost me more and make a big drain on the battery.

Same here, thats why I chose the Nokia1100, I dont need any fancy ring tune, I dont need any fancy pictures, I dont need a camera on it, I dont need songs on it. All I need is a phone to call if I miss my bus or something.

Nitro

I got a Nokia 6230 (not i) and its quite a good phone actually. Camera is also good ,for a phone, but video is as good. I too dont want the latest tune and wallpaper, using the ones that came with the phone so I only got it because I really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.