• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What railway stations are expected to open in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

unlevel42

The new Rotherham Parkgate Tram-Train station is a siding/branch with no normal NR usage.
The other stations on the route from Cathedral are listed in the Summer timetable (on Realtime).

IslandDweller

The only "new" station on Crossrail is Woolwich which was mentioned in item 14 above. All the other stations on the route are interchange with existing LU or NR stations.

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, that's not so. The Canary Wharf Crossrail station is entirely separate from any existing station. It's actually nearer (but not physically connected in any way) to Poplar DLR and to WestIndiaQuay DLR than it is to either of the existing stations with Canary Wharf in their name. One suspects the "Canary Wharf" name has been chosen for the Crossrail station for 'branding' and 'marketing' purposes - but there is no interchange possibility from the new Crossrail Canary Wharf station to any existing station. Anyone changing lines will need to "beep out" of the Crossrail station, walk a couple of hundred metres, then "beep in" again at a DLR or Jubilee Line station, though I expect these will be set as valid OSI points.

As an aside, the new complex built over the station (which has been completed and open for years now) is called "Crossrail Place" even though the line itself will take the Elizabeth Line name.

Last edited by a moderator:

InOban

Established Member
Using this thread's replies so far:

Certain: Maghull North; Rotherham Parkgate

Likely: Warrington West; Robroyston; Worcestershire Parkway
Maybe: Dalcross; Kintore; Winchburgh

Beyond 2020
East Linton; Renton
I think you mean Reston. Renton is on the Balloch branch.

The Planner

Veteran Member
One will reopen I suspect, but not for a few years yet, certainly not this or next year.

PR1Berske

Established Member

Beyond 2020
East Linton; Renton

Kenilworth will also open this year, not that they're making haste or anything.

PR1Berske

Established Member

Beyond 2020
East Linton; Renton

Quoting myself but doing so to ask a wider question. Is this "calendar" any more or less accurate now than when ir was first typed? I can't think of any new station announcements beyond the usual aspirations for a while now.

Any further info?

Altnabreac

Established Member
Quoting myself but doing so to ask a wider question. Is this "calendar" any more or less accurate now than when ir was first typed? I can't think of any new station announcements beyond the usual aspirations for a while now.

Any further info?

I’d move Kintore from Maybe 2019 to Likely 2019 as clearance work is due to start this year and they will be using the line closure next summer to build the platforms before opening in December 2019.

Winchburgh and Dalcross my gut feel is neither will open in 2019 but probably reasonable to leave them as Maybe for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.