• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What should I show to get my gold card discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiyero

My current goldcard is on a smart card with a record card. I usually use a machine to buy tickets but today used the office as I needed a receipt (which I didn't get anyway!) and when I showed my record card and photo card she took it and said its a touch so I need to show that.
I never thought to show that as it has no useful information for the transaction (and I keep it separatefrom my oyster card but always have it).
Did she mean I should show all 3? Photo, record and smart cards?
She really made me feel like I did something bad and was trying to cheat the system!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Surely to get Annual Gold Card discount all you need to do is show the Gold Record Card? This is its purpose after all. There should be no need to show or even have your snartcard; and you don’t need your photo card (at least on Southeastern) anyway.

Tunnel Bore

Surely to get Annual Gold Card discount all you need to do is show the Gold Record Card? This is its purpose after all. There should be no need to show or even have your snartcard; and you don’t need your photo card (at least on Southeastern) anyway.
I've only ever had show the record card. It's issued by GTR and they plus Chiltern, GWR and SWR have been happy with it alone. I ons't even have a photo card anymore since the Key smart card has no link to a photo card.

Status
Not open for further replies.