• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What the hell is that..?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

Dennis said:
These images are really well done, and credit must go to the creators.:salute:
Totally agree it is a very good site and done to a very high standard.
Like Jim i to like the SWT HST.

LucaZone

Yeah some facinating alternatives on there :) Certainly shows what does work and what doesnt. Particularly like the FGW Green & NSE Westerns.

Wouldnt mind a Freightliner 92 for the N-Gauge collection :)

Most ammusing has to be the Virgin A4! Scarily it almost works!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Why isn't the Western styled at the ends to have the swirls at both cab ends rather than just the one?

Would be an incredible sight on the GWML though!

Established Member
WSXFan said:
Why isn't the Western styled at the ends to have the swirls at both cab ends rather than just the one?

Would be an incredible sight on the GWML though!

its only got a caba t one end so only needs the swirls at one end

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Exactly! Hence my query on why it's fictional livery was styled in that way. Should have the swirls at both ends, not just one a la HST power car style.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
The Western was modfied (in the picutre) to have only a cab at one end. I presume they did it so it fitted the HST livery more. Their are some interesting liveries there, some of which make the worst real applications look nice, and some which would have looked really nice. It gives a good change in particular to see "what if?" type scenarios. One I think is missing is the scenario that the 312s wern't wasted just because of the slam doors. With this in mind, they could do a 312 in c2c, FGE Barbie and 'one'. Then again, mustn't forget a 312 in Central Trains Livery, and since they do some of the same workings, perhaps the 350 Livery (CT had some 312s that they used on Birmingham to Liverpool runs, before the Turdostars came along). The other one would be if the winner of the GA franchise had gone for 87s rarther than 90s (e.g 87s in 'one', Anglia, Barbie and the new First Livery).

Status
Not open for further replies.