• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What to do in Stalybridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ737

I'm doing Stockport-Stalybridge on 16th June, however on this day the service only runs from Stockport and there are no other trains at Stalybridge due to engineering works.

I have a hotel booked in Ashton-under-Lyne but can't check in until 14:00 and the station buffet at Stalybridge doesn't open until 11:00, any idea's on what to do in the area until opening time, prefer something involving beer :)

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne Australia

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djpontrack

There is a Wetherspoons in Stalybridge called the Society Rooms which is open from 08:00 everyday. There is also a really good micropub called Bridge Beers but I think that opens at 12:00 but is definitely worth visiting if you are still there at noon.

_toommm_

Established Member
I part-time live in Ashton on the outskirts - one little tip from me, catch the bus to Glossop, it's every half an hour at least and it's well worth the visit! The 231 from Manchester to Ashton is a great bus ride too as it always uses Enviro 400 deckers and its a nice route going round past the country park and past The Clock Shop in Ashton (my area).

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
I don't want to disappoint but I don't think that the Stockport to Stalybridge is running.

Everything is bustituted through Guide Bridge and Stalybridge- and there's no ECS to take the unit anywhere else. It looks as if they've forgotten to delete it off the system perhaps seeing as the service the other way isn't running?

Although, granted, it is in the journey planners.

Status
Not open for further replies.