• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What to wear for Microsoft teams induction ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I have my company induction which will be carried out on Microsoft teams for the first 4 days followed by the 5th day with a onsite induction at my depot.

The plan was to wear a shirt no tie for the induction on teams for the first 4 days and then obviously on the 5th day at my depot induction to be fully suited with a tie.

I just wondered peoples thoughts on this as I have never had a company induction in this format, If anyone could give me there thoughts on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bayum

Established Member
Hi All,

I have my company induction which will be carried out on Microsoft teams for the first 4 days followed by the 5th day with a onsite induction at my depot.

The plan was to wear a shirt no tie for the induction on teams for the first 4 days and then obviously on the 5th day at my depot induction to be fully suited with a tie.

I just wondered peoples thoughts on this as I have never had a company induction in this format, If anyone could give me there thoughts on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Shirt and tie and shorts for Teams induction and gauge how everyone else is. Hope someone asks the question on what’s expected to be worn.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Not every employer expects a tie now so ask before you attend the depot induction as you may well be able to do without it.

Shirt and tie and shorts for Teams induction and gauge how everyone else is. Hope someone asks the question on what’s expected to be worn.
Thanks for the response Bayum

Birthday suit from the waist down in this heat!
Well that one made me chuckle :lol:

Not every employer expects a tie now so ask before you attend the depot induction as you may well be able to do without it.
Yeah I did plan to do that, so will pop the question and see what they say as they didn’t advise on joining instructions.

Many thanks bb21

C J Snarzell

Established Member
If it is a Microsoft Teams job interview - then a shirt & tie everytime.

If it is a formal induction lasting four days sat in front of a laptop - I would personally suggest a smart shirt, but no tie.

Given how warm it has been the last few days, I don't think they would expect you to wear a tie for X number of hours each day.

CJ

vikingdriver

I'm sure you'll have plenty of virtual tea breaks so plenty of opportunity to have a wardrobe change if you've gone OTT!

1867Blue

I’d wear a smart plain polo shirt.

If it was an interview I’d say shirt and tie. But not for an induction.

Established Member
For anything like this I’d always err on the smart side, and probably go with the full shirt and tie option. You’ll create a good impression, nobody will ever criticise you for making the effort and being overdressed! It will be very easy to remove the tie once it’s established that less formal dress is acceptable.

kevconnor

My friend has a maxim, which I tend to agree with, although cleaned up a little for public consumption.

Better to be the only eejit in a shirt and tie than the only eejit not in one.

upper half, wear shirt and tie then you can at least judge if to take your tie off as the day goes on if it is too warm. Then also, you can also dress down further for other days based on what everyone else is doing.

Lower half, what every is comfortable and appropriate for the day and potential audience.

Just don't make the mistake a senior manager at my work made pre-pandemic> Attending a meeting via Skype whilst on holiday in the Caribbean top half shirt and tie bottom half budgie smugglers. half way through said meeting gets up to get a drink leaving their camera on.

Thanks for all the responses all.

I called my HR contact prior to it starting and was told shirt no tie would be fine, so that’s what I went with.

I belive I was the only one in a shirt everyone else had a tee shirt or polo on.

I was also told that depot induction will be smart casual (no trainers / jeans) but I will still go fully suited to that as training the following week states professional atire so makes sense to start that from the depot induction in my opinion.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.