• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What type of route do you prefer?

What type of route do you prefer?

• Express Main Line

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Semi-fast Provincial Line

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Sleepy Branch Line

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

j_pilborough

You never know, one of these days I might get round to building a route.
I wondered what sort of route people prefer.
Please Vote ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eezypeazy

I prefer real life, overground routes, be they branch or main line.

We ran a poll earlier this year. Most people prefer their BVE driving experience to be no more than an hour at a time.

eezypeazy

j_pilborough

Wow that was quick... you must have posted after the thread appeared but while I was typing the poll !

Coxster

Established Member
Something like NWM with high speed running but many stations is perfect as you can have express running (HST runs), semi-fast running (321 runs) and slow running (323 runs) as well as freight running (66 runs). The coding can be almost the same with just the need of editing the timetable and signals.

Tom B

Established Member
Coxster said:
Something like NWM with high speed running but many stations is perfect as you can have express running (HST runs), semi-fast running (321 runs) and slow running (323 runs) as well as freight running (66 runs). The coding can be almost the same with just the need of editing the timetable and signals.

I agree - though also with S_P. Think I like a mix, depends on my mood - may want a challenge with a mechanical DMU, or an express HST, or an LU train where you just have the TBC.

eezypeazy

For a real "white knuckle" ride, you've got to try the Oropa Tram...

eezypeazy

ChrisM

Branchline for me, with the Clarendon route having the right mix.

Boxcars

ChrisM said:
Branchline for me, with the Clarendon route having the right mix.

I don't like polls but this one seems OK (shouldn't offend anyone). Yeh, I agree with ChrisM but I voted for Express Main Line. The reason for that being that, in BVE 2.6.3, I loved the Hammerwich to Wood Green HST run. I used to drive the section from Streetly to Wood Green time after time after time :thumbup: and would never get bored with it. It took about 10 mins I seem to remember, which supports Eezypeazy's comment. Not sure how I would vote AFTER the St Ives to St Erth branch line is released though :sunny:

chunx2005

I like Express adn Semi-Fast with Local's but all on a Mainline, Like NWM.
Dont really like Sleepy Branchline's as it remind's me of my own too mcuh.
LU route's get broing after a couple of runs I think.

Craig

Established Member
eezypeazy said:
Downloaded that earlier and have just given it a run. Superb little route, thanks for the heads up :D

Coxster said:
It was easy enough to find using Google ;)

Jordy

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Think I like a mix, depends on my mood - may want a challenge with a mechanical DMU, or an express HST, or an LU train

Ditto

eezypeasy said:

Great little route, thanks for that!

Jordy

Status
Not open for further replies.