• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What unusual sightings have you seen recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder23

Established Member
I have witnessed some unusual sightings in the past few months, whether it be due to route closures, or scrap runs etc, but I would like to ask for unusual sightings from you all,

I think this could be an interesting read.

Recently I witnessed the Hull Trains HST running through Flitwick on its way to St Pancras, this was a first for me, I have also seen a 315 passing Bletchley on its way towards Wolverton, and a Chiltern unit running through Luton going North, I didn't get numbers or check where its destination was, I assume maintenance depot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

roadierway77

Last October I saw an LNER HST run down the west side of the Fife Circle via Cowdenbeath, rather than the usual east side via Kirkcaldy. I don't know why as there wasn't any closures or disruption at the time.

The current weekend closures of the ECML means Carlisle and the Tyne Valley is seeing LNER services with HSTs and Azumas, which is certainly unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.