• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W230

Established Member
What did I see come through Farringdon this afternoon, heading westbound maybe around 13.50hrs? It looked like it used to be Piccadilly stock (I say that because it had Piccadilly Line on the side!) but was fitted out inside with desks and maybe computer terminals (I think but I am pretty tired). I've never seen it before but i'm guessing it's some sort of monitoring train? Ideas anyone? Or am I just going mad... :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
That would probably be the Track Recording Train. The driving cars are 1960 stock, whilst the middle cars are 1973 stock.

W230

Established Member
That's people. I don't think it was the one shown in the video (although very similar) as it didn't have yellow/blue ends from what I remember. So I assume it was probably the Track recording Train. It wasn't as shiny as the one in the video either - looking quite grubby though I wouldn't think that takes long! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.