• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What was this special train? (DRS 57 + Mk1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
Mods, this post may well be in the wrong place so feel free to move it if needed

This might seem rather random but I was looking through some of my photos from a few years ago and came across a train I never managed to identify. A Direct Rail Services class 57 loco (no. 57306) hauling several Mk1 coaches in the old British Railways livery of cream and maroon. The photo was taken at around 2:30pm on 6th August 2017 at Stroud.

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but does anyone happen to know what this was? If it was a railtour I would be very surprised if there were no RUK members on it!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
Have a look at Flickr, I put in '57306 august 2017' and quite a few pictures have come up, looks like a Northern Belle tour TnT with 57301, hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.