• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What will bachmann and hornby do in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehstman

what will hornby or bachmann do in 2011
heres my list whats yours

HORNBY
class 153 in Fgw Local Lines Livery
class 143 in Fgw Local Lines Livery

BACHMANN
class 150 in Fgw Local Lines Livery
class 158 in Fgw Local Lines livery

whats yours??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mumrar

Established Member

My money's on 'make model trains'. When you say MY LIST, does this mean it's just a wish list, or what they are making that you will buy?? If it is a wishlist, the thread title should be 'What would you like Hornby and Bachmann to do in 2011'.

Heinz57

heres my list whats yours

HORNBY
class 153 in Fgw Local Lines Livery
class 143 in Fgw Local Lines Livery

BACHMANN
class 150 in Fgw Local Lines Livery
class 158 in Fgw Local Lines livery

whats yours??

Looks like you sure like your FGW Local Lines ;)

I'm not sure what to expect yet. I'm predicting a couple of HSTs from Hornby, probably GW 'Merlin Livery' will be one of them.
Maybe a re-release of the 91 could be on the cards, perhaps we might see one in InterCity Swallow livery? I mean we got the DVT this year.
Some more DMUs from Bachmann, most likley some 170 'TurboStars' will be among them. Not sure on liveries though.
Perhaps we might see a few more buildings from Scenecraft, how long until this takes over the Skaledale range?

I reckon they will be a few supprises from Hornby, I don't know what they could be, but I'm expecting one

What I'd like to see -

HST in MML old (Tan and Green livery)
Class 91 (225) in InterCity Swallow livery
Class 150 in EMT livery

Established Member
My money's on 'make model trains'. When you say MY LIST, does this mean it's just a wish list, or what they are making that you will buy?? If it is a wishlist, the thread title should be 'What would you like Hornby and Bachmann to do in 2011'.

What she said :lol:

My wish list

Something with a nose

Something thats got a big nose and an engine and makes alot of noise

Something that is a train

I don't do model trains but I think its abit soon to be thinking about 2011, what will they do in 2010 is more intresting any class 68s?

GearJammer

I don't think theres many locos that hav'nt been covered in OO gauge, so i think its time to start updateing some older models, i'd very much like to see Hornby do a class 73 to the same standard as the 50 and 60, it would also go well with there 4VEP that there releaseing this year!

sprinterguy

Established Member
Originally Posted by Heinz57
I mean we got the DVT this year

Yep that was the mark 3 DVT, not the mark 4 one that runs with the 91s. And absolutely fantastic it looks too.
Staying around this item, I think that the Hornby class 90 could be retooled and updated for 2011 to match the standard of the new mark 3 DVT. It's still a reasonable model, but the tooling is somewhere around 20 years old now and could do with bringing into line with modern standards.

I'm not surprised that there hasn't been any FGW Local lines liveried units released with the first tranche of Bachmann 150s and Hornby 153s (or on the older Bachmann 158) yet: Given the minute size of the place names that are printed onto the livery, these would surely be incredibly difficult to represent at 1:76 scale, with some amazing precision needed to accurately print a readable variant of this element of the livery, although in this day and age it probably is possible given the superb paint jobs on many current models. Plus to appease the rivet counters they would have to get each place name in the right order along the bodyside, which would take quite some studying of photographs of the real thing.

I think Northern liveried Bachmann 150/1s and 150/2s are likely for 2011.

And a Colas Rail Bachmann 66 surely. I'd also like to see the Fastline liveried 66 on general sale.

I'd like to see (going a little bit off the Hornby/Bachmann topic) Heljan produce the class 28 Metrovick Co-bo, they already fulfilled my wish for a "Baby Deltic" this year.

Might think of some more later. I think that it's amazing just how many diesel loco and DMU classes have now been covered, on good quality models, by the various model makers, and in such a wide range of liveries, it's fantastic.

FlyingScot

Hornby 2011 range.
Normal models:Ex-virgin hst,rebranded gner hst and Mallard record breaking train set complete with dynometer car.

Thomas models:Bit of a gruesome one this. Zombie apocalypse train set. Includes petrified Thomas, blood stained Annie and Clarabel, ammunition wagons with bullet round loads, oval of track with two sidings, survivors station and controller and plug.

I would like your opinions please.

Phoenix

Established Member
I recently read that Bachmann will be realseing a class 350 model with the option of 350/1 in grey Siemens livery and 350/2 in LM livery and also a class 85 model congrats to them for using their heads.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Hornby 2011 range.
Normal models:Ex-virgin hst,rebranded gner hst and Mallard record breaking train set complete with dynometer car.

I would think that a rebranded GNER HST is unlikely from Hornby, they seem to be generally adverse to doing "inbetween" liveries (one brand on another TOCs base livery). I was quite surprised to see that they did the North West 153 with Northern branding. Hornby generally does the "ex works" finish of a TOCs complete livery.

What moulding would Hornby use to make the dynamometer car? A revision of the clerestory coach would be feasible I imagine...Even if this was to be made, I think they would wait for the 75th anniversary of Mallard's speed record in 2013.

I recently read that Bachmann will be realseing a class 350 model with the option of 350/1 in grey Siemens livery and 350/2 in LM livery and also a class 85 model congrats to them for using their heads.
Yep, those models should be in the shops by November this year :D I absolutely can't wait. Two FANTASTIC classes of electrics!

FlyingScot

What moulding would Hornby use to make the dynamometer car? A revision of the clerestory coach would be feasible I imagine...Even if this was to be made, I think they would wait for the 75th anniversary of Mallard's speed record in 2013.

Yeah, but still, it would be a class train set wouldnt it?

sprinterguy

Established Member
I'm half-expecting a 380 to make a model appearance.
Now there's a challenge to model all those strange lumps and bumps around the cabs! My money is on Bachmann bringing one out in the next couple of years, would be an interesting model to look at.

Yeah, but still, it would be a class train set wouldnt it?
True, it would :) I think Hornby taking advantage of "the Mallard connection" is starting to near breaking point though, just how many different models of "Mallard" have they brought out now? Can't complain really, it's a mighty fine loco.

wensley

Established Member
A 180 might be interesting with all the possible liveries. I would also like a high-spec 73 and class 20 in DRS livery with lights from Bachmann

FlyingScot

I think that Hornby should bring back the E2s and include them in some sort of suburban set with the ever so lovely maunsells. And there should be another Thomas set in which you get both the blue wonder and one of his many friends. I remember there was a percy one and a bill one like that. I hope that we get gordon or some other big engine.

Bittern

Established Member
I know Bachmann have already made her, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hornby make a "Bittern" in BR Green or Wartime Black. Apparently, Bachmann's A4s are quite a letdown (from pics I've seen, the tender is too far away from the loco itself, which would irritate me!)

Speaking of, what A4s have Hornby done in BR Green in their Railroad range? The only one I've seen is Mallard, yet I'm sure I've seen Falcon and Herring Gull in LNER Garter Blue.

As its GWR175, what about one of them taking up the gauntlet and doing a 60xx comparable to Hornbys latest Castle? Hornbys king was good in its day, but particularly around the front Bogie and the cab it needs a refurbishment at least.

A Star and a Saint would be the icing on the cake, but I cant see it happening soon.:cry:

FlyingScot

bachmann already make all those for the American market, look on fleabay as somebody does sell them occasionally

Nah, don't like those ones, they're too american and the tenders are too short and the gap between the coupling and the body is too big on Spencer and blah blah blah blah blah.....I could go on, but lemme just round it off with these words: Hornby's better.
Also, I have made an idea which I am turning into a game now, just a little one.
Which episode is this pack based on?
Contents:stpeney loco, Duck loco, The diesel(the big green one, not the devious black one), Gordon composite coach and Gordon composite coach.

Start guessing now.

Bittern

Established Member
I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised there's not a model of "The Great Marquess" out there. I wouldn't mind seeing her in 2011, but if that'll happen or not is anyone's guess.

I seriously would've thought one would be out by now.

The 158 Man

Also, I have made an idea which I am turning into a game now, just a little one.

Which episode is this pack based on?

Contents:stpeney loco, Duck loco, The diesel(the big green one, not the devious black one), Gordon composite coach and Gordon composite coach.

Start guessing now.

'Bowled Out'. ;)

Although if memory serves, there should be two Gordon Composite Coaches and one Gordon Brake Coach. :p

atomicdanny

I have a feeling that one of those two companies may release a CIG, only a guess though and because last year Bachmann released a CEP (Class 411), this year Hornby releasing a VEP (Class 423), next year a 4 CIG (Class 421)?

Although personally I'm hoping for either a Class 465 (4 car not the 2 car 466) or a class 365 or even an electrostar!

ert47

Although personally I'm hoping for either a Class 465 (4 car not the 2 car 466) or a class 365 or even an electrostar!

I hope they do it soon, preferably in a SouthEastern/Southern/SouthWest Trains livery! - heck I'd settle for FCC

Some reason, I really want them to release the 379 in London Overground livery, but I doubt that would happen

fgwrich

Established Member
Sorry to bump up this thread by a few Months, but - Just to remind everyone that Hornby will be announcing the 2011 Range at the usual time - 00:01 - On Christmas Day / Dec 25th

sprinterguy

Established Member
The calendar that comes with British Railway Modelling Magazine has given a couple of (fairly non-important) things away already. The 2011 commemorative wagon will be a tank wagon, and the Collectors Club complimentary model will be the D class 0-4-0T in Midland maroon and numbered 11. There's also going to be a LSWR liveried Terrier available for order through the collectors club.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I'd hazard a guess that an ac electric loco is on the way, for one, they might be able to re-use some parts from the HST (ie the bo-bo wheel arrangement maybe), but also, the new pantograph fitted to the ex-Lima 87 was a bit odd if nothing else is coming (why not use the old Lima one or the existing Hornby one), besides, they'll want to follow Bachmann's lead with their ac loco.

crewmeal

As the charter market seems to be doing well, what about some West Coast Mk 1's with a Pullman thrown in for good measure. Mk II's in LMS colours or even a Mk III brake in GWR colours. What about the VSOE Pullman? A converted brake van in GWR colours maybe?

One day manufacturers might sell a basic body shell and the customer orders the paintwork and logo of their choice.

oliverj8

Sorry to bump up this thread by a few Months, but - Just to remind everyone that Hornby will be announcing the 2011 Range at the usual time - 00:01 - On Christmas Day / Dec 25th

Will there be a link on their website? If not, where can we see the range?

EDIT: Sorry, I found the answer myself, there's a link on the website: http://hornby.com/2011/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.