• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What will bachmann and hornby do in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombo1984

what will hornby or bachmann do in 2011
heres my list whats yours

HORNBY
class 153 in Fgw Local Lines Livery
class 143 in Fgw Local Lines Livery

BACHMANN
class 150 in Fgw Local Lines Livery
class 158 in Fgw Local Lines livery

whats yours??

The new additions to the Hornby range can be seen here. https://www.hornby.com/2011/

Nothing new in First Great Western livery. Bitterly disappointed!

Like the Cornishman Trainset and Network Rail class 43 and coaches though...

Guess it is down to Bachmann now to see if they release the Class 150/158 in FGW livery... :roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Very impressed with the Hornby range this year, quite a few things on my wish list already, as mentioned above I think the Network Rail HST will fly out, I hope there are more coaches though so you can make a realistic set.

A must for me is the West Coast Railways Pullman, Ever since we did the West Coast railtour in October ive been looking out for a Black 5 and some West Coast Pullmans, I think they look superb.

Also like the updated Pendolino livery, Freightliner 86, plenty of Network Rail stuff, including the 31, and I wonder why they have done another Caledonian Sleeper class 90?

Just noticed the Duchess of Sutherland in black livery, plus the DCC sound version in maroon to!

All in all a very good selection.

fgwrich

Established Member
Very impressed with the Hornby range this year, quite a few things on my wish list already, as mentioned above I think the Network Rail HST will fly out, I hope there are more coaches though so you can make a realistic set.

A must for me is the West Coast Railways Pullman, Ever since we did the West Coast railtour in October ive been looking out for a Black 5 and some West Coast Pullmans, I think they look superb.

Also like the updated Pendolino livery, Freightliner 86, plenty of Network Rail stuff, including the 31, and I wonder why they have done another Caledonian Sleeper class 90?

Just noticed the Duchess of Sutherland in black livery, plus the DCC sound version in maroon to!

All in all a very good selection.

Bit of info though - West Coast's Mk2 Pullmans are the ex Manchester Pullman Mk2s - Whereas Hornby has, as per usual, slap hazardly reliveried their ordinary Mk2 E's into WCRCs livery....

Note, Manchester Pullman Mk2 Details:
http://www.rollingstock.fotopic.net/c1573225_1.html
http://www.rollingstock.fotopic.net/p52576239.html

Almost completely different body profile - bigger deeper windows, 6 main windows & 2 toilet windows, different doors, different vent profiles.

And the normal Mk2 E First Open depicted by Hornby
http://www.rollingstock.fotopic.net/p60290515.html

As usual, Hornby has provided another rather dissapointing and mistake filled range for 2011, largely filled up by new liveries on incorrect/old/out dated models into incorrect liveries, And missing larger newer parts of the market - What about a new 101 for example? or a 115/6/7, 121 & 122 ? Bachmann seem to be proving that there is a market for new First Gen units...Murphy Models seems to be capable of proving that there is a market for Irish Models...And what about re-tooling the 156? or the 142? there's no chance in hell that i will be paying £40/50/60/70/80+ for a 26 year old model, that is lacking detail in every shape, performance and form!

And what’s happened to the 153s? Several liveries still left out, Wessex Trains, Wales & Borders, First Great Western, Anglia, ONE ?

Any news from Bachmann?

Not as such, Bachmann will be announcing there 2011/2012 range around there usual time of late march to early April.

I do know what you mean about the Hornby range, and I see what you mean about the West Coast set.

The only thing I am really let down with with Bachmann is the lack of DCC ready units, well not so much lack of, but a few that have no DCC version, like the 220 and 221 Cross Country voyagers and the 158s. I fully intended to buy a 221 until I realised there is no DCC option.

And will anyone do an EMT Meridian (222), would love one of those, but then again there are quite a lot of models I want.............

fgwrich

Established Member
And will anyone do an EMT Meridian (222), would love one of those, but then again there are quite a lot of models I want.............

God Knows - Bachmanns Farish team did intend to produce a 220 in N guage range for 2009/20, but that wen't as quietly as it came and has now been dropped by farish...

The interesting thing with Bachmann though, is what they tend to produce in OO guage, will usually find its way into Farish's n guage range & vice versa - this is Bachmanns new intentions for new models.

Bittern

Established Member
I wonder what the possibility of Bachmann doing a 380 are. I certainly wouldn't mind a model of one of the four car units.

Class377/5

Established Member
I wonder what the possibility of Bachmann doing a 380 are. I certainly wouldn't mind a model of one of the four car units.

Well hopefully the 350 will be out before then!

But agreed a 4 car 380/1 would be great!

Im still hoping for an Electrostar model at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.