• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What would have passed Hertford North slowly at 0115 this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

growse

I was woken at 0115 by a rather loud diesel clatter followed by what sounded like lots of wagons/carriages/something halting on the line near me (just outside Hertford North). It seemed to be moving quite slowly, and stopping / starting fairly frequently.

Does anyone have any data on what this was? I thought it was engineering at first, but there's still a northbound passenger service passing later than 0115, so freight instead?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

davido39

I'd hazard a guess, but is only a a guess, could be wrong, could it be the Caledonian Sleeper or is this pulled south by an Electric Train?

You sure it was a train? ;)

As nothing confirmitave passed Hertford at 01:15 this morning. There was a
5E55 Wembley - Newcastle ECS ( Diesel ) at 01:19 scheduled but appartently it didnt run.

I got nothing else otherwise!

Rich McLean

Established Member

5E55 Wembley - Newcastle ECS ( Diesel ) at 01:19 scheduled but appartently it didnt run.

I think he meant first thing Friday morning

sprinterguy

Established Member
I'd hazard a guess, but is only a a guess, could be wrong, could it be the Caledonian Sleeper or is this pulled south by an Electric Train?
I think that when the Caledonian Sleeper has been diverted via the ECML pairs of 67s have been employed. It'd be quite a lengthy diversion, diverted first by the ECML and then the Hertford loop on top of that, and I had heard of no news concerning the diversion of the Sleeper at the present time.

Established Member

It would have been Yesterday morning

philjo

Established Member
Was it an engineering train?

There were FCC notices earlier this week advising of late night alterations due to engineering works each night this week.

davido39

The Royal train maybe (another guess :)) as Prince Charles :)was up in my neck of the woods (Kilmarnock North West) yesterday, don't know if he's still up here in Scotland. I think the Prince likes to use the train more than flying.

davido39

The Royal train maybe (another guess :)) as Prince Charles :)was up in my neck of the woods (Kilmarnock North West) yesterday, don't know if he's still up here in Scotland. I think the Prince likes to use the train more than flying.

Oops inappropriately places smiley face there, I am not happy the Prince was in KIlmarnock, heck I'm not even a royalist lol...smiley face alert----> :D:lol:

growse

Sorry, to clarify, it was Friday morning. Am certain it was a train, the squealing sounds of lots of rail wheels braking to a halt is quite distinctive :) Could have been the sleeper, but the timings don't seem right (too early for the southbound, too late for the northbound?).

Eagle

Established Member
Sorry, to clarify, it was Friday morning. Am certain it was a train, the squealing sounds of lots of rail wheels braking to a halt is quite distinctive :) Could have been the sleeper, but the timings don't seem right (too early for the southbound, too late for the northbound?).

Also the sleeper wasn't actually diverted that night, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.