• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
If you and a mate took the same route home as 11-13 year olds, then when you get off the bus and wait for another, a group of boys approach the lot of you and start searching certain youngers? This has happened a few times recently. The last time I intervened and asked one of them to allow them, they threatened me with "bodily harm" but nothing came of it-nothing ever does if you aren't too scared or cocky. Also it's always the same when they confer with each other "leave him, he's *****" It's such a shame that there are so many idiots in the area. The common precept is that they never look in your schoolbag, so keep your valuables there, NOT your pouch, which they just unzip and casually pick things out. Some people never learn. Anyway, what would you do if younger people in your school were approached and searched?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Searching them? For what reason? Seems a rather strange thing to do.

I find that awfully heavy textbooks come into their own at such times, or if the bus driver twiggs that somethings happening they usually pull over and shut down until the perpetrator sits down / is ejected :D.

Tom B

Established Member
Ah right. Our school has banned mp3 players / phones for the y7 - 11s for that reason, though most teachers don't mind - basically it's to cover the school if it gets lost / damaged / stolen they can quote the fact that it shouldn't be there anyway.

RJ

Established Member
Well, the ones who get targeted usually only get money taken, as that's all they have. If there's anything I hate more than small kids getting robbed, it's adult bystanders watching it happen and not stepping in. Wonder if they would do the same if it was one of their own getting approached.

ChrisM

Learn to fight and learn not to be a target.
Easy to say i know but in this day and age you need to learn,learn and learn some more not to be a target.

Sprog

Established Member
your telling me that you actually allow these 'people' to look through your bags and take your money and pocessions??!!..

...without resisting or putting up a fight or telling them where 2 shove it....!?

i think you need to forget trains and prioritise things matey....

*shakes head*

jonb

Established Member
spm_43030 said:
your telling me that you actually allow these 'people' to look through your bags and take your money and pocessions??!!..

...without resisting or putting up a fight or telling them where 2 shove it....!?

*shakes head*

Quite, but you may not know the area where this is taking place...

If its where I think it is then I can understand why you don't want to get involved..

Failing that - Can you not take a diiferent route home ?

Beaker

Established Member
If i saw this i would knock there lights out good en proper.

Or even better follow my motto

Box of Matches : £3
Jerry Can of Petrol : £15
Watching chavs burn to death.... Priceless

jonb

Established Member
Beaker said:

Do you actually know where this is taking place !

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Beaker said:

where the hell do you buy your petrol and matches? lol
matches = 12p...
jerry can of petrol - I filled one for about a fiver...

jonb

Established Member
I'd guess somewhere around Forest Hill or thereabouts......

RJ

Established Member
spm_43030 said:

*shakes head*

It's not me - nobody has EVER searched me. I just try to stop these boys bothering the year 7/8s. I think it's the ultimate shame to have somebody come up to you, unzip your pouch, take your phone out and zip it back up. One of the most important rules of the street - NEVER let someone touch your pouch! If I was outnumbered 6-1 (happened a couple of times) I usually talk my way out of it. Boys normally leave you alone if you don't show any fear.

As for telling them where to shove it - I think you have to be a bit more streetwise than that. South London is a bit different from Bristol - you'll probably end up with broken limbs.

I'd guess somewhere around Forest Hill or thereabouts......

Crystal Palace Parade normally. Forest Hill is just full of boys and girls from local schools acting rowdy and trying to impress each other - police usually patrol to make sure nothing happens.

Beaker

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Learn to fight and learn not to be a target.
Easy to say i know but in this day and age you need to learn,learn and learn some more not to be a target.

Or if you aint strong enough buy a Machine gun

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not sure what the solution is but this Beaker character is certainly making a name for himself. I wonder if we'll ever meet him? We've discussed the matter a lot at meets but sadly no-one has met him yet apart from one who has many tales to tell.

Anyway we are currently looking for someone matching this description: Using flash taking photos of trains, holding cans of petrol, and armed with a machine gun. Should not be approached, is extremely dangerous!

Should be easy to spot though ;)

RJ

Established Member
Hmm things get worse, this morning I got off the bus (on of those FRESH 468s - they still have the new bus smell and NO graffiti!) and saw there was a crowd outside school. Turns out a single youth was coming up to people in my school trying to rob them, look through their pouches etc., but noone actually got robbed. But he had a fight with one boy, who got sent home. Next thing, when schools out, there were at least 20 boys standing at the gate with their dogs and stuff. The head called the police, and they hid.

This place is getting too bloody violent. And the fact that virtually every other school is on holidays isn't helping :(

Julian G

Established Member
joea1 said:
Hmm things get worse, this morning I got off the bus (on of those FRESH 468s - they still have the new bus smell and NO graffiti!) and saw there was a crowd outside school. Turns out a single youth was coming up to people in my school trying to rob them, look through their pouches etc., but noone actually got robbed. But he had a fight with one boy, who got sent home. Next thing, when schools out, there were at least 20 boys standing at the gate with their dogs and stuff. The head called the police, and they hid.

This place is getting too bloody violent. And the fact that virtually every other school is on holidays isn't helping :(

but, when some schools come back on the day after Easter Monday ( I think)
then You can have fun for the rest of the week

Beaker-
What's the point of using Violence?!?!?!?!
I don't think Yorkie is "Dead Man Walking"
He is trying to make a point ;)

Tom B

Established Member
It is quite amusing when the local chavs come and stand at the school gates. They generally get scared away when one of the deputy heads comes along with a large megaphone and gives them an earful :).

jonb

Established Member
joea1 said:

Sounds bad mate - Looks as though the Police are having a pretty bad job handling it all as well...

Sprog

Established Member
Yeah, it does.

My hounest advice is just try to avoid it all. I know its hard, but its prefectly achievable.

Just stick with your freinds, be freindly to everyone and try not to 'make' any enemies. I was never bullied in school cus i stuck with people i knew and trusted.

Wast cool or popular. I was differant and people (including girls beleive it or not) liked and respected me for that.

Naturally, i had enimies, but not ones i had made. They where simply scum/chavs/things who hated me for whoi was.

Just keep vigilant and youll be ok chap ;) :)

nutter

If I was you i'd stand up for the little guy. I'm really skinny and shy but when you can see trouble approaching you should raise your neck and swing the arms more, this will show the aggresors you are confident and mean buisness if messed with.

As a person who has an aggresive manner approaches you, ensure your body is at 45 degrees to theirs, this will minimalise the area of vital fight winning targets such as the groin or chest
Tip on punching (ALWAYS USE ONLY IN SELF-DEFENCE), as you punch, put your rear foot (right if you punch with right) forward as you swing, and twist the wrist when you impact. This ensures you have your body weight (wieght more than makes up for lack of power, 140lb man punching without bodyweight (tops 40lb without training) or small miget with 53lb using body weight, you can do the maths) behind the punch and the twist of the wrist ensures the nerves are squeezed by the impact and so hurt more.
A nifty knee in the groin also hurts (ALOT).
NEVER INCIATE A FIGHT because then you don't have the law behind you ;) .
I was a bully victim because I was small and shy and scared to talk to anyone. I have only been in ONE fight and I regret it to this day, because that ment I was a buly aswell.
I learn't these in self defense classes because I was a bully target, before I used the above technique.

As I say, ONLY USE VIOLENCE AS A VERY LAST RESORT AND ONLY IF IN SELF DEFENCE. I shall not take responsibillity if you use these techniques and get into trouble. Try to avoid using these techniques at ALL costs

T

Tom

...or if you wish to use violence, please ask Seth for some excellent advice as he has personal experience (and no doubt so I will I by the end of Thursday! ;))

Tom B

Established Member
nutter said:
If I was you i'd stand up for the little guy. I'm really skinny and shy but when you can see trouble approaching you should raise your neck and swing the arms more, this will show the aggresors you are confident and mean buisness if messed with.

As a person who has an aggresive manner, ensure your body is at 45 degrees to theirs, this will minimalise the area of vital fight winning targets such as the groin or chest
Tip on punching (ALWAYS USE ONLY IN SELF-DEFENCE), as you punch, put your rear foot (right if you punch with right) forward as you swing, and twist the wrist when you impact. This ensures you have your body weight behind the punch and the twist of the wrist ensures the nerves are squeezed by the impact and so hurt more.
A nifty knee in the groin also hurts (ALOT).
NEVER INCIATE A FIGHT because then you don't have the law behind you ;) .
I was a bully victim because I was small and shy and scared to talk to anyone. I have only been in ONE fight and I regret it to this day, because that ment I was a buly aswell.
I learn't these in self defense classes because I was a bully target, before I used the above technique.

As I say, ONLY USE VIOLENCE AS A VERY LAST RESORT AND ONLY IF IN SELF DEFENCE. I shall not take responsibillity if you use these techniques and get into trouble. Try to avoid using these techniques at ALL costs

It can be useful to know such techniques... some people did try to fight with me for some reason known only to them. However I was slightly more able to defend myself than they thought :D.

Julian G

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
...or if you wish to use violence, please ask Seth for some excellent advice as he has personal experience (and no doubt so I will I by the end of Thursday! ;))
Does he?!?!?!
I haven't seen any violence from Seth* in Forum Meets
*except for Cat Incident

T

Tom

please note: nose protection equipment is now being sold for all forum meets, please pay me or yorkie the small sum of £0.50 (£1 being a pound, ;)) and we shall supply you the BRAND NEW Seth branded NPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.