• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whatever happened to.....David Maxey of Railtour Review fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
David's Railtour Review column in Rail Enthusiast was outrageously funny. Buffer Stop Kissing, railtour standard time and the antics of Beryl & Cheryl were a few of the topics lampooned along with the odd detail of the tour itself. I seem to remember he was involved in the early issues of Traction and some video work but what became of him after?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Really,no replies! Or am I missing something obvious like an obituary? I hope not!
Did anybody else enjoy his column?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
He is the narrator on the "Traction" series of DVDs by Locomaster Profiles.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
He is the narrator on the "Traction" series of DVDs by Locomaster Profiles.
Didn’t you tell me that on a different thread somewhere recently Matt?
I can’t remember which one it was though?

Shaw S Hunter

Established Member
I always find him irritating: too southern and a complete inability/unwillingness to even make a stab at correctly pronouncing the Welsh "Ll" sound ie the terminus on the North Wales coast is "Klan-dud-no".

El Toro

On Moderation
Really,no replies! Or am I missing something obvious like an obituary? I hope not!
Did anybody else enjoy his column?
Never saw his column , but have seen him presenting a Deltic documentary, but the documentary is an old one

O8yityityit

I remember a railtour review where he described the catastrophic failure of a pair of his jeans during a photostop when he was trying to climb over a fence to get a photo. He did it in the same style as a much loved favourite locomotive coming to the end of its life and reluctantly being withdrawn and it's replacement with a brand new pair which he disliked at first but then grew to like. I've got some of the railtour reviews somewhere and must dig them out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.