• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's causing this in world of subways 3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack123

Hi
In April i purchased WOS3. At first I could not get it working and got a message saying failed to start the engine of something. Well know after months of trying I have it working! But there is one major problem. It is sooooooo soooooo laggy!!! My graphics card is a Intel GMA 4500M. Is this powerful enough?? and is this what's causing it to be laggy?
Please help!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSEFAN

Established Member
Hi Jack,

Your graphics card is built onto the motherboard. Unlike a dedicated, seperate card, it won't be powerful enough to run the game smoothly. In my experience, most Intel graphics chips are like this, so you would need either an ATI or nVidia graphics card for better performance.

I'm not sure how much this particular game relies on the CPU, but presumably this is also having some effect. Which CPU are you using?

Jack123

hello thanks for your quick reply,
I see, doesn't look like a quick fix then. The thing what I don't get is how this laptop can run the highest spec BVE Routes, better than my desktop computer, its very strange. However my desktop computer cant run WOS 3, so i'm stuck. My cpu is a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU. I don't know if you want the details next to it? it is [email protected].

NSEFAN

Established Member
BVE probably works in a different way to WOS3 (the fact BVE is mainly a cab-based simulator probably helps matters!). When I run OpenBVE, it uses a good 70% of my CPU, so perhaps this is where the bulk of the processing is done? I can get about 50 frames/second on my laptop, which has a 1.8GHz dual core processor and an Nvidia Geforce 8400 graphics card. I don't own WOS3 so I can't compare the two myself.

Short of upgrading your desktop PC, I can't think of much else that would help. Hopefully someone else here has an alternative cure for the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.