• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whats going on between Inverness and Kyle of Lochalsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

mralexn

Im planning on the 27th March,
on getting the 0900 INV - KYL service,
Returning back on the 1203 KYL - INV service,

From what i have seen at the moment, this service only seems to go as far as Dingwall, and is replaced by a coach, and when it is ran to Kyle, There are never any reports past Dingwall.

Anyone got any ideas on whats going on? and will i be okay to bash this on the 27th March :P :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

junglejames

Established Member
Im planning on the 27th March,
on getting the 0900 INV - KYL service,
Returning back on the 1203 KYL - INV service,

From what i have seen at the moment, this service only seems to go as far as Dingwall, and is replaced by a coach, and when it is ran to Kyle, There are never any reports past Dingwall.

Anyone got any ideas on whats going on? and will i be okay to bash this on the 27th March :P :)

No problems on the Scotrail website. Both trains going straight through apparently.
No problems on the National Rail website either.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
and will i be okay to bash this on the 27th March :P :)

I dont know, is it against the law to inflict physical violence on a train? Just beware a 158 is probably stronger than you!

Last edited:

mralexn

No problems on the Scotrail website. Both trains going straight through apparently.
No problems on the National Rail website either.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

I dont know, is it against the law to inflict physical violence on a train? Just beware a 158 is probably stronger than you!

Noted :D

Liam

Established Member
The A890 between Strathcarron and Stromeferry is closed due to rockfall and has been since before christmas. With no road alternative Scotrail are operating an early morning service from Inverness to Kyle to allow kids from Lochcarron and Kishorn areas to get to school in Plockton on time. This means the units used for the 0900 will be in Kyle, so it has to run back to Achnasheen to get back on its normal timetable.

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/content/changes-elgin-inverness-morning-commuter-services

junglejames

Established Member
The A890 between Strathcarron and Stromeferry is closed due to rockfall and has been since before christmas. With no road alternative Scotrail are operating an early morning service from Inverness to Kyle to allow kids from Lochcarron and Kishorn areas to get to school in Plockton on time. This means the units used for the 0900 will be in Kyle, so it has to run back to Achnasheen to get back on its normal timetable.

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/content/changes-elgin-inverness-morning-commuter-services

Yet the travel planners dont show this. Quite poor.

All normal services are maintained but the 0900 ex Inverness Terminates at Dingwall and runs back ECS.

There is also a temporary 0930 Kyle to Achnasheen (2Z90), It runs back to Kyle from Achnasheen as it recomences the 0900 ex Inverness after the D&E coaches coach arives into Achnasheen from Dingwall.

Quite resourful of ScotRail to operate such a service, but it was propbably forced upon them from Transport Scotland, as the Elgin to Inverness morning commuter has been replaced with a bus. Scotrail must lose a fair bit of revenue from this, as I'm sure Passengers would just get the service 10 to Inverness or just take the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.