• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's going on in Cardiff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcaco

Lots of confusion at Cardiff Central this afternoon. Platforms changing left, right and centre. Noticed a poor 150 on its way to Holyhead. Heard announcements for London services departing from Platform 4 too, which is new for me.

The 16:35 Ebbw Vale I'm on is on the slow line, which is very rare. Anything happened, or just a bad day?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
the 1615 to Holyhead caused problems in Platform 1 I believe. Left Cardiff 26mins late.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
Last edited:

Noto450

I note Gerald will be held behind the down VT from Crewe(1710 Eus),to Holyhead, the VT has 2 more stops at Flint & Prestatyn

Ended up behind VT without needing to be held as was late enough all by itself!

Michael.Y

Established Member

You know Bob I'm beginning to hate that daft Gerald name for that WAG Ex. Can't we rename it something more relevant like...

It's not called Gerralt Gymro any more - it's now simply the "North-South Premier Service".

Michael.Y

Established Member
What are the problems with the 16:15 from Cardiff this week?

57 Failure as usual. I think it *just* about made it home to HHD yesterday, but this morning WAG1 was a 5-car (3+2) 175, and tonight, going back up, it was a commandeered, and crammed, 150.

MrJamesBrown

Oh Christ, I am booked onto that service tomorrow...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
It's not called Gerralt Gymro any more - it's now simply the "North-South Premier Service".

The name of the train is still "Gerald Of Wales Gerallt Gymro" in all WG documents,they pay for it.

Now a sprinter replacing a 57, I can just imagine the fish & Chips being brought on board at Newport.

One question, why was the 175 WAG2 lying idle at Canton not used, the later service could have been cancelled, instead of cancelling a local 150 service.

Bob

Last edited:

MrJamesBrown

The name of the train is still "Gerald Of Wales Gerallt Gymro" in all WG documents,they pay for it.

Now a sprinter replacing a 57, I can just imagine the fish & Chips being brought on board at Newport.

One question, why was the 175 WAG2 lying idle at Canton not used, the later service could have been cancelled, instead of cancelling a local 150 service.

Bob

Any idea what traction was used for the run down today?

tsr

Established Member

You know Bob I'm beginning to hate that daft Gerald name for that WAG Ex. Can't we rename it something more relevant like...

The book "Eleven Minutes Late" (which has probably been read by many on these forums) suggests that it should be called "The Galloping Hypocrite", IIRC...

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

Bob
Because it might have been lying idle at Canton. They had been stepping up all day on the Holyheads, i.e. turning back at XX21 on the same hour. The 175 which had come down on WAG2 might have been far away by then necessitating having to scratch around for the WAG2 at 18 21

Status
Not open for further replies.