• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's happening with the Cheltenham station 'refurb'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWRrrr

At Cheltenham station, the works to enlarge the car park, add a large bike rack and change the entrance have been going on for what seems like years. The new entrance was cut through the perimeter wall ages ago and the bike rack installed, but both seem to be taped up out of use. The extra car parking seems to be open as far as I can see. But why has it taken so long and what's the delay now? I can't believe this is all down to Covid.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Richard Scott

Established Member
I believe part of the issue with the carpark was the route through to the building. Seems they'd painted it on, which wasn't acceptable as had to be a proper route with a proper pathway and not just part of the road. Maybe someone with more knowledge can correct or quantify thus?

ABB125

Established Member
I believe part of the issue with the carpark was the route through to the building. Seems they'd painted it on, which wasn't acceptable as had to be a proper route with a proper pathway and not just part of the road. Maybe someone with more knowledge can correct or quantify thus?
That sounds likely, but seems a bit pointless: painted path = dangerous, raised pavement along same path = safe. It's not like the kerb is going to stop pedestrians being mown down by a determined driver...

Status
Not open for further replies.