• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's Moorfields like atm? (Liv Central closure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone with first hand experience of using Moorfields last week could kindly report in. I'm changing from Wirral to Northern Line there tomorrow (1300-ish) and wondering how crowd control is working. I read somewhere that there would be a queueing system in place to prevent overcrowding on the platforms - is that happening?

Also, on the return journey if I was delayed in a queuing system and therefore missed my timed train at Chester (on Advance ticket) would allowances be made?

Not so worried outbound as I can get any train, but could be tricky if held up on returning.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John55

Just wondering if anyone with first hand experience of using Moorfields last week could kindly report in. I'm changing from Wirral to Northern Line there tomorrow (1300-ish) and wondering how crowd control is working. I read somewhere that there would be a queueing system in place to prevent overcrowding on the platforms - is that happening?

Also, on the return journey if I was delayed in a queuing system and therefore missed my timed train at Chester (on Advance ticket) would allowances be made?

Not so worried outbound as I can get any train, but could be tricky if held up on returning.

Last Monday lunchtime it was just busier than normal with no problems. There were slightly longer dwell times on the platform but nothing to worry about.

trainophile

Established Member
Thanks John, that's reassuring. Of course I haven't checked yet whether there's any footy on that might affect things tomorrow! Better go do that now...

Edit: Oh dear...

Everton V Fulham Sat 28 Apr 15:00

Norwich V Liverpool Sat 28 Apr 17:30

Could be "interesting" on the trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.