whats peoples opinion on...

Opinion on the stuff

  • Absolutly not, You should get banned for such poll

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Never Done It, Never Will, But Doesn't bother me

    Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Considered it

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Tried it, Hate it

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every now and again, at parties and suchlike

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Wheres my dreads man? Big up Jimi Hendrix, Woodstock and all that!

    Votes: 1 3.6%

  • Total voters
    28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simming

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,186
Location
Cornwall
Its stoopid o'clock and im bored...

what are peoples opinion on weed?

I dont mean smoking it all the time, I mean like at the rare parties and such like

NOTE: This aint a "I want to get myself banned" comment, just curiousity. I know its illegal in some sences, but so's drinking underage, using forged Privs, not finding gareth annoying, and other suchlike things.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Demps

Member
Joined
11 May 2006
Messages
692
Location
York
Weed hmm, ganja, waky backy, marijuana, skunk, aunt mary, boom, chronic, dope ganja, gangster, grass, hash, herb, kif, mary jane, pot, reefer, sinsemilla.

those are from of the top of my head HAHA, i think that is all of the common names for weed.

i dont really have a oppinion on it, i dont smoke it, i think it is wrong but then again people are told to live a little, remember we are only here once. If you are a type of person that thinks before you actualy do it, you are probably right to think it effects for phsycological stamina of the conscieous though, i.e it effects the way you think about your self; you become conscious, plus it also effects your actual though haha, pretty obvious though.
[EDIT]
ikar said:
Why would you get banned for this question? Many people posted stupid stuff which doesn't have any meaning...
 

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,872
Some of my mates smoke it and I've not got a problem with it, but I've never smoked it and dont intend to.

If people wanna smoke something that's their choice, I have been tempted to try it due to peer pressure a few times though, but I decided that playing on the swings was far more fun! :D
 

Tom B

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2005
Messages
4,552
ikar said:
Why would you get banned for this question? Many people posted stupid stuff which doesn't have any meaning...
From where I stand you wouldn't get a slap on the wrist for posting this, but if anyone were to start encouraging illegal drug taking, then action would most definitely be taken.
 

66526

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2005
Messages
332
If people want to smoke it then it's thier choice. As long as they don't cause trouble or commit crimes to get the money to buy it etc then I don't really mind. As I always say 'Live everyday as if it were your last... becasue one day you'll be bloody right!' It's true. You only have on life so you should do what you like as long as it doesnt affect other people.
 

Nick W

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2005
Messages
1,438
Location
Cambridge
I'm not happy for taxes to go to hospital costs for any deliberate smoking related symptoms. Tobacco is bad enough.

I'm also not happy for people who have smoked it in the last month to leave their homes for safety reasons.

Is it legal to worship pacers?
 

66526

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2005
Messages
332
Hospital costs? Think of the ammount of people that go to hospital after falling off thier bike or playing rugby/football etc. That must cost loads to fix up the injuries caused when people are doing something they enjoy. They know the risks so fair enough.
 

Nick W

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2005
Messages
1,438
Location
Cambridge
James 66526 said:
Hospital costs? Think of the ammount of people that go to hospital after falling off thier bike or playing rugby/football etc. That must cost loads to fix up the injuries caused when people are doing something they enjoy. They know the risks so fair enough.
Yes but if those people used car and/or didn't do any exercise they would probably end up paying less taxes in their life and cost the hospital as much due to obesity.

Are the any health benefits to smoking weed? Maybe an insignificant bit of exercise...
 

Jim

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,162
Location
Wick
Nick W said:
I'm not happy for taxes to go to hospital costs for any deliberate smoking related symptoms. Tobacco is bad enough.
What about things like drink driving, but you don't say that to them
 

Coxster

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
9,244
Like to know who voted "Wheres my dreads man? Big up Jimi Hendrix, Woodstock and all that!" :D

I personally have never tried the stuff and don't plan too.
 

Craig

Established Member
Joined
15 Jun 2005
Messages
3,958
Location
Newcastle
Coxster said:
Like to know who voted "Wheres my dreads man? Big up Jimi Hendrix, Woodstock and all that!" :D
Maybe FAF has signed up again with a different pseudonym :lol:

Coxster said:
I personally have never tried the stuff and don't plan too.
Given that your dad posts here, I dunno whether to believe that or not... ;)
 

Lewisham2221

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2005
Messages
1,014
Location
Staffordshire
Nick W said:
Yes but if those people used car and/or didn't do any exercise they would probably end up paying less taxes in their life and cost the hospital as much due to obesity.

Are the any health benefits to smoking weed? Maybe an insignificant bit of exercise...
Sorry, but how many taxes do you have to pay to use a bicycle or walk these days? Is there something I havn't been told?

People who drive have to pay high amounts of road tax and fuel tax. Smokers have to pay large amounts of tax on each packet of cigarettes and the same goes for every purchase of alcohol. I think you'll find that if there was a significant drop in people driving, smoking and drinking then this country would very quickly find itself financially buggered.
 

Nick W

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2005
Messages
1,438
Location
Cambridge
Lewisham2221 said:
Sorry, but how many taxes do you have to pay to use a bicycle or walk these days? Is there something I havn't been told?

People who drive have to pay high amounts of road tax and fuel tax. Smokers have to pay large amounts of tax on each packet of cigarettes and the same goes for every purchase of alcohol. I think you'll find that if there was a significant drop in people driving, smoking and drinking then this country would very quickly find itself financially buggered.
If I remember correctly, the tobacco tax doen't cover the cost of smoking related symtoms dealt with by the NHS. Also if you used car all the time and did no excercise you would die premature, so less tax paid.
 

Craig

Established Member
Joined
15 Jun 2005
Messages
3,958
Location
Newcastle
Nick W said:
Also if you used car all the time and did no excercise you would die premature, so less tax paid.
Using a car a lot doesn't make a person lazy. It's entirely possible to use a car and be fit.

Also, just because a person smokes cannabis it doesn't mean they smoke normally.
 

Demps

Member
Joined
11 May 2006
Messages
692
Location
York
Stop taking a statment to its extremeties, in the first place it was exaggerated.

In short why not have a cup of ganja tea, or eat it in a brownie mmmm nice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top