• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

what's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
only loco in the area to assist failed vwc set? lol no joke though it has happened hasn't it, its not many years ago I recall Union of South Africa A3 assisting a failed unit.

HSTfan!!! said:
only loco in the area to assist failed vwc set? lol no joke though it has happened hasn't it, its not many years ago I recall Union of South Africa A3 assisting a failed unit.

but why a steam loco? why not a thunderbird or other diesel loco?
it must be a joke....

H

HR2

When the LTSR was first electrified in 1960 there were occasional incidences of steam loco's dragging a full 12 car electric set from Fenchurch to Shoeburyness.. This was because of a defect on the EMU and they were short of steam stock. However this could only be done in daylight hours as the EMU had no lights operative.

theblackwatch

Established Member
I suspect the picture has been 'photoshopped', as I can't ever remember such a working - if anyone knows different, I'd be interested to hear the details.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It is almost certainly photo-shopped. There was another one done showing a steam engine pulling a freight

Nick

That is obviously a fake - there seems to be diesel exhaust in the back ground coming from nothing and the smoke off the steam loco has been cut short.

devon_metro

Established Member
I thought that too! Wandered what was on the end, which presume if a duff, so there would be no need for the steam engine!

Nick

dvn1357 said:
I thought that too! Wandered what was on the end, which presume if a duff, so there would be no need for the steam engine!

How dare you call a 47 'duff' it's a Brush Type 4 or Spoooon :p

Sprog

Established Member
Its a fake, but its a pretty good one!

DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF, DUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<D :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.