Whats the best (cheapest) camrea for trainspotting?

Discussion in 'Photography Advice & Discussion' started by JACK SPILLMAN, 28 Sep 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK SPILLMAN

JACK SPILLMAN Member

I just wanted to know what to save up for and keep my eye on

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. 455driver

455driver Veteran Member

Do some research!
    Work out what you want the camera to do and then use the internet to look up the cameras specs to find one that does what you want it to do in the price range you can afford!!!!!!

4. JACK SPILLMAN

JACK SPILLMAN Member

OK OK OK !!! actually I have tried the internet asked questions but its not helpful do you have a website for cameras ? and I wanted recommendation from some people to see what they think is the best.

5. 455driver

455driver Veteran Member

I use a Canon 600D with an 18-135 IS lens and a Canon 450D with a 55-250 IS lens because I dont like changing lenses, thats the best part of about £900, that is one recommendation although the 450D will have to be picked up secondhand.

6. JACK SPILLMAN

JACK SPILLMAN Member

I have a cannon 450D EOS from new its getting old now and that's the on I want to replace

7. Trainfan344

Trainfan344 Established Member

I just have an 8 year old compact camera

8. JACK SPILLMAN

JACK SPILLMAN Member

What make is it good does it take a clear photo?

9. Bevan Price

Bevan Price Established Member

As you already have a Canon EOS, you best choice would be the newest EOS that you can afford, because you could use any EOS-compatible lenses that you already have. Check, for example, Jessops website for typical current prices.

http://www.jessops.com/cameras/digi...e=20&fh_sort_by=lprice&xslp_filterType=simple

And you don't always need the most expensive model with loads of features that you may never need to use.

10. JACK SPILLMAN

JACK SPILLMAN Member

Ok thanks

11. 455driver

455driver Veteran Member

If the camera is okay why not keep it and just upgrade the lens?

12. wensley

wensley Established Member

It all depends on budget ... the EOS range has been upgraded significantly of late and there is a range of good offerings to be had! I have a 5D MkIII which is a great bit of kit, but understandably out of many budgets - especially for occasional use.

The lens will often make the biggest difference and I would recommend buying the best you can afford, you can get versatile L Series lenses (eg. 25-105mm f/4.0) for a good price now and they really are worth every penny.

13. 455driver

455driver Veteran Member

Lets not forget Canons own 17-55 IS lens whick knocks their 18-55 IS lens into a cocked hat.

14. GB

GB Established Member

Quite a difficult question to answer really. As 455driver rightly says, you need to think of your budget and what you wan't from the camera. How often do you use it? Do you really need a DSLr with multiple lenses? Would a bridge camera like a panasonic FZ72 or FZ200 suffice?

15. Andy

Andy Member

Totally agree, with the above comments.

The 450D body is a good camera, and still provides excellent results. As the above comments have said. Should you wish to increase the quality of your photographs, always ditch the "Kit" lens.

I would always recommend this lens to anyone looking to upgrade. Highly commended by many "Pro" Photographers and not that expensive (eBay etc.).

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/sigma_17_70mm_f2_8_4_dc_macro_os_hsm_c_review/

Andy

16. JACK SPILLMAN

JACK SPILLMAN Member

Ok cool:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.