• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's the definition of "off peak"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Established Member
I've just been looking on the GNER website for tickets from Newcastle to London next week. Looks as though a Saver won't cost much more than two advance purchase tickets and is a bit more flexible. Although the only restrictions I can find is this:

The outward leg of the journey must be made on off peak services on the date of the ticket. The return leg of the journey must be completed within one calendar month on off peak services

Does anyone know the actual times for "off peak"? The GNER site doesn't seem to have anything other than what I've quoted and the National Rail one is as vague as ever. Looking at the times shown for journeys, I'm guessing the morning peak period ends at 08:30 (it's showing the 08:31 from NCL). What time does the morning period start? What about evenings?

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick W

Established Member
Assuming route AP

Validity
Code 1B
Code used to/via Steve-
nage & London from sta-
tions in England & Scot-
land
JOURNEYS TO/VIA LONDON Terminals* (including Stevenage). Valid as listed below MONDAYS-
FRIDAYS (By any train on other days). On GNER services, evening peak restrictions are lifted on 22
December and restrictions will be lifted all day on 27, 28, 29 December 2006.
Outward Travel Return Travel
Valid on any train timed to arrive at London Termi-
nals 1115 or later. Also on Caledonian Sleeper arriv-
als (with supplement).
By any train except those timed to depart
London Kings Cross before 0929 and from
1457 to 1859 inc.
Restrictions apply to GNER, Hull Trains &
First Capital Connect (Great Northern) trains.
*Journeys to/from Luton, Luton Airport Parkway and London St Pancras: please see Saver restriction 7A.
Journeys not via London, please see Saver restrictions 2Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.