• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's the latest on Alliance Rail's proposals for ECML and WCML open access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clansman

Established Member
Not long discovered Alliance Rail's proposal for WCML and ECML open access services branded as GNWR and GNER. Looking at them it does date back to 2013 and I'm wondering what the latest is on their applications. It does say on the site they planned services for late 2016 but taking into account the little I've heard of them there are no such plans in place?

Alliance Rail's website

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

woody505

would love an update on proposed garforth or east leeds parkway too London train

Philip Phlopp

Established Member
The only open access application Alliance Rail have had approved is their Blackpool North to London service, which can't begin until the electrification to Blackpool North is complete.

Alstom and Alliance have signed some sort of memorandum of understanding which should lead to Alliance ordering a fleet of second generation Pendolino trains.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That's not decided for sure yet, as I understand it. It was discussed in the linked thread.

Ish. They have confirmed paths to Queens Park and have also got a request in for paths from there onto Euston. The problem is that that Network Rail (and the ORR) are not sure if it's going to be possible to provide them with paths whilst the Euston upgrade for HS2 is ongoing therefore they've not been given firm access rights to Euston on contingent rights (the rights being contingent on Network Rail finding a way to fit them in).

Class 170101

Established Member
With Permissive working permitted I would like to think that shouldn't be impossible - difficult maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.