• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's the problem with e-ticket screenshots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyhi

Hi all, I would be really keen to hear your views on the issue of e-ticket screenshots. I'm aware of several passengers who've had issues using these and there was of course this article in the Guardian in June:
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...EhLZjE4v2i65giSFYh9Nb4ZGWNPKl73Z5BTZSzNGZz_ww

I've been told by a guard on EMT that there are all kinds of inconsistencies around this issue, including the fact that printouts of M-tickets ARE accepted whereas screenshots are not? Also that many staff don't have the right scanners so can't even actually scan the paper print outs.

There are so many inconsistencies where passengers might get fined through no fault of their own, and the anxiety of travelling is much worse when we know we can't trust the train companies to have a consistent approach either. Only a few weeks ago we heard that RDG had caused 10,000 passengers to be overcharged through penalty fares - how many of these were innocent victims?

Status
Not open for further replies.