• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whats the ticket for...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesjordans

Say i wanted to do the Cathcart circle how much would it be because it says u must start with a different station on NR, so what would the price be

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Lesjordans said:
Say i wanted to do the Cathcart circle how much would it be because it says u must start with a different station on NR, so what would the price be
I'm not sure what that route is.

In general, find somewhere roughly the other side of the circle, and use your outward portion in one direction and your return portion in the other direction! Make sure you get an "Any Permitted" routed ticket.

I've done that a few times, usually finding a place with a bizarre name (e.g. Snodland, Hag Fold etc ;) ) and an inexpensive fare.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
yorkie said:
Lesjordans said:
I'm not sure what that route is.

In general, find somewhere roughly the other side of the circle, and use your outward portion in one direction and your return portion in the other direction! Make sure you get an "Any Permitted" routed ticket.

I've done that a few times, usually finding a place with a bizarre name (e.g. Snodland, Hag Fold etc ;) ) and an inexpensive fare.

Which then also results in most of the railway staff you come into contact with not having a clue where Hag Fold is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.