• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's this train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmogle

Established Member
170 513. What's the livery all about? Is it a Central train? The vinyl looks like it's starting to peel at the top, revealing the blue that that Central trains have. I've never seen one before :confused:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Yes, Tom, but is still interesting to lean what the livery is advertising, particularly if you see it whizzing about somewhere but dont see what its acctually for.

class 313

Established Member
TBH, I dont care what you just said, she asked what livery it was. An advertisng livery it is...

Coxster

Established Member
TBH, I dont care what you just said, she asked what livery it was. An advertisng livery it is...
They actually said "What's this livery all about" which means what is the subject. Shut up and get your facts straight before trying to be clever.

O L Leigh

Established Member
For A Laugh :lol:

You got to be kidding.

There were a couple of really good threads on this forum, but they've just gone right by the wayside because folk can't resist bickering amongst themselves. That may be what this forum is about, but if we can't have a proper discussion about railways on what is, after all, a railway forum then I am not interested.

one TN

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This argument really is pathetic. I don't understand why certain members on this forum want to create pointless arguments. :roll:

Its a bit obvious that it is a advertising livery...

So? It's interesting to discuss what it's for and why GNER have made the move to implement it. There was absolutely no need to make that comment so please grow up! And this is where the argument will end.

Daniel

Established Member
Back on topic then.

Is there any particular reason that the unit has has a livery dedicated to the line, but the unit itself isnt reserved for it?

theblackwatch

Established Member
Back on topic then.

Is there any particular reason that the unit has has a livery dedicated to the line, but the unit itself isnt reserved for it?

By using the unit all over the TOC's routes, it allows the unit to advertise the line over a wide area. I'm sure a bus company wouldn't dedicate a bus with a Morrisons advert on it to the free Morrisons shuttle from the town centre!

class 313

Established Member
Is it advertising a route? or summthing else?

Coz back when the 319s ran up to rugby the 319 that advertised the route was seen on Thameslink routes and other connex south central routes.

Ive yet to see a line witch has a dedicated unit.

For example the abbey flyer.... has any 321 that is aviliable.

Coxster

Established Member
Is it advertising a route? or summthing else?
Did you not read any replies before you posted your deliberate arguements? Here's the very first reply...

There is one 170 in that livery numbered 170513. It is in an advertising livery for the Robin Hood Line (Worksop to Nottingham via Mansfield). The unit is indeed operated by Central Trains but is not dedicated to the service and can be seen on a variety of routes.

See here for a better image: http://www.icrs.org.uk/images/Photogallery/Stafford and Crewe 190304/170513.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for a dedicated train on a route I suppose the two Lymington CIGs would be the closest you'd get.

Dennis

Established Member
The closest thing to dedicated units operating a route rather than an entire dedicated class would be the Silverlink 150's.

Back on the subject of CT 170's with advertising liveries, was there not one adorned with vinyls extolling the virtues of the Bullring shopping centre. I seem recall (although my memory often fails me!) that this had to be modified after complaints about how scantily clad one of the women was.

Coxster

Established Member
HEX, GEX?
Those as well - in fact those more so than Lymington as they never/rarely go off 'their line' where as the Lymington CIGs go as far south as Bournemouth where they're based and Eastleigh & Fareham on the turning runs :oops:

Gizmogle

Established Member
Yeah, there was a Bullring 170. It was... 170505 if I remember correctly? That was a weird looking train if you ask me. You could see all the green and blue because the vinyl didn't cover all of the train and it just looked strange.

Coxster

Established Member
Yeah, there was a Bullring 170. It was... 170505 if I remember correctly? That was a weird looking train if you ask me. You could see all the green and blue because the vinyl didn't cover all of the train and it just looked strange.
It was 505 indeed. Other advertising liveries on Central Trains' 170s include(d) 170396's Q-Jump branding and 170399's 'Be In Birmingham' livery.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Those as well - in fact those more so than Lymington as they never/rarely go off 'their line' where as the Lymington CIGs go as far south as Bournemouth where they're based and Eastleigh & Fareham on the turning runs :oops:

Mainly 'cos they can't.. though it would be quite hellfire to see a 332 trundling down the mainline at West Drayton with nae wires :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.