• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's this 'Your next stop is?' sign for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurtonM

Going home from Manchester this morning, I noticed a sign on the eastern end of the platform at Ardwick. White, with a blue and white striped border and written in red, 'Your next stop is?'

What's it for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
There are quite a few variations on a theme and they are generally put where there is a history of fail to calls.

So at the call before the issue station is a sign to prompt the driver to double check if they call at that station.
http://www.railsigns.uk/sect8page6/sect8page6.html

Has a section on them at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

BurtonM

That's the one - Ardwick isn't between Bolton and Salford though!
Probably relates to Ashburys, and/or the whole Fairfield/Gorton alternating thing.

superalbs

Established Member
This was at Digby & Sowton and Topsham on the first few days of Newcourt, to remind drivers of it's opening.

HarleyDavidson

Established Member
It seems that some drivers have the memory span of a goldfish. The only time I have done it, is when I used a schedule sheet, so now I just fold them up and put them in my pocket.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Believe I recall seeing a similiar thing at Treforest which comprises of a exclamation mark in a red triangle and "Treforest Estate" as only some of the trains on that line call there.

FordFocus

As posted previously where there has been a history of fail to calls because of different stopping patterns, particularly at peak times then the TOC, Northern in this case will put the sign up to remind drivers to double check their schedule card on where their next stop is.

HTH

Crossover

Established Member
Similar at stations around Capenhurst on the Merseyrail network IIRC :)

(Of course there is, it's on the link above!)

Yep - On the status: uncertain on that link, I was at Bache earlier today and it was very much in existence :)

FartinLewis

Ah, I always wondered what the '? Romford' sign meant on the GEML, I can now sleep at night

Status
Not open for further replies.