• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's up with 66187?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMeS

I saw it today at ~15:26 on the WCML in the Milton Keynes area hauling car transporter wagons on the Up Slow. The overall colour was deep black mud except for a small area just large enough to allow its black number on a yellow background to be seen. There were slight hints of yellow on the front face but not enough, I would argue, to comply with the safety requirements that have Pendolino fronts painted bright yellow. The lights were showing and the windows were clear, but the rest was so dark...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
Sounds like it's seen some recent use on Railhead Treatment Trains. The locos used on them always seem to build up a thick layer of dirt and grime, especially at the inner end attached to the RHTT wagons because of all the stuff that it being blasted up off the rails.

96tommy

66187 has been on RHTT's recently around the southern WCML section. I have just seen pictures of it hauling the car wagons and have to say, it needs a good clean...

NSE

Established Member
You should see 66001 and 66017! Currently deployed on such duties on the Aylesbury line, can't even read the numbers!

83G/84D

Established Member
You should see 66001 and 66017! Currently deployed on such duties on the Aylesbury line, can't even read the numbers!

Same as the loco's on the St Blazey circuit, they never get cleaned as nowhere suitable to do it and / or no staff to do it.

NSE

Established Member
They go past my window on a regular basis, and every time they get worse and worse

Status
Not open for further replies.