• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whats Wrong With This Bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Established Member
Ok, im expecting this to be solved in about... what 2 seconds?

Picture(36).jpg

Picture(37).jpg

Picture(38).jpg

Preerably no bus boffins to answer (lol), this is for those who know more about trains (e.g. me) and who wouldnt spot the obvious error.

Good Luck (you wont need it)

Memorex

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Well, it can't be that Arriva don't work that route because they do... :? I was thinking the bus was on hire to another company because I really can't see what is wrong with it. It's probably the location...

Sprog

Established Member
:? :? :? :?

Ermm...pass.....

Do put us outve our misery........ :oops: :)

Sprinter

Aureol said:
It's in red instead of light blue? :lol:

Very funny! This bus is on a London contract route thus buses have to be 95% red, hence the Arriva aquamarine and stone livery cannot be used.

With this 95% livery legislation, Arriva cannot apply the cream "cow horns" (swoosh) nor the yellow stripe, making the bus look very dull indeed.

Compare that livery with this one to see what I mean: www.londonbusroutes.net/photos/382.htm

Established Member
Because of this 95% thingy London united have had to change there livery to all over red it looks rubbish and my grandad keeps complaining about it!!! i prefer the grey white and red!!!

Beaker

Established Member
It is only paint

Tons of people are to going to complain about swan rails Bg we dont really care what anybody says.

If you go out nad buy the paint ot repaitn them stephen they may consider it. And most importantly it is not your bus and it stands out.

Removed double post - Mojo

Jim

Established Member
Beaker said:
It is only paint

Tons of people are to going to complain about swan rails Bg we dont really care what anybody says.

If you go out nad buy the paint ot repaitn them stephen they may consider it. And most importantly it is not your bus and it stands out.

We get the point ;) :lol:

Julian G

Established Member
is that the bus that is similar to the one that C1 and G1 uses? :shock:

I think that bus is on a Hail and Ride Section?

Sprinter

1288gaje said:
is that the bus that is similar to the one that C1 and G1 uses? :shock:
Yes, they are the same vehicles as what are on the C1, the MPD (Mini Pointer Dart) 8.8m

Some sections of the 491 route are Hail & Ride, but I definately recognise the last picture as Waltham Cross Bus station.

Daniel

Established Member
Sprinter said:
Some sections of the 491 route are Hail & Ride, but I definately recognise the last picture as Waltham Cross Bus station.

Yes, that is the drop off point (terminus) and park up point at Waltham Cross Bus Station, where I spend every weekday for 30mins...

Anyway, Bury Street is the only listed hail & ride section, but it is not. Newbury Avenue (off ordanence road) leads onto Bilton Way, where the 491 joins Mollison Avenue to continue towards Brimsdown/Ponders End.
Newbury Avenue and the Residential part of Bilton Way are served as 'Hail and Ride' sections. The industrial Part of Bilton Way (Concore Chemicals, Abreak etc.) are served by one bus stop on either side of the road. These stops are situated at the very end of Bilton Way, next to Mollison Avenue. Im an expert 'cos I live down Newbury :D

Daniel

Established Member
Coxster said:
It's probably the location...

No.

1288gaje said:

Not that section, but why would that be wrong, even if it was?

spm_43030 said:
Do put us outve our misery........ :)

NO!!! THAT NEXT PART IS EASIER THAN THE FIRST!!! YOU ALREADY HAVE A PICTURE!!

Julian G

Established Member
Buses 319 (not the train ;) ) Double Deck and Single Deck still have the Arriva Cream Swoosh

Daniel

Established Member
Bus Route 491 still has the Arriva Coloured Swoosh. So does:

317, 327, 313, 121, 279, 192, and any other bus that serves Waltham Cross via Freezywater... 'cept ONE BUS on route 491.

Sprinter

Galliard Road is also Hail & Ride, Bury Street is also, nevber seen a bus stop along that road when i ride the 192.

Now that plain red livery will soon become the standard Arriva livery on all thier London contracts as routes fall for renewal, therefore buses that are on routes which were tendered before this 95% re rule came in are safe.

Although arriva are re-painting of thier fleet isto this new livery, to aid fleet allocation. See www.londonbusroutes.net/photos/253.htm for the new livery as applied to a DLA.

Daniel

Established Member
This is the oringinal livery. The thing no-one has answered is the yellow stripe running around the entire bus. I am surprised that no-one has looked on TTF, as Routemaster J answered it correctly the day after it was posted...

Picture%2854%29.jpg

Waltham Cross Bus Station

Picture%2889%29.jpg

Hail & Ride section - Newbury Avenue

Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.